_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
120mm Panzer Grenadier
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
i bought two of this kit by Tamiya,the first one i did in Winter white,and thought i would do this one in Feldgrau as depicted in the German Army 39-45 Eastern Front by Osprey,all the bits apart from the machine gun which came with Cossack fig from Verlinden,and the camo roll which was scratch built with Milliput,the head came from the Tamiya fig marching with machine gun,hair and beard done with pyrogravure,now that i am ready to "Rock and Roll" fire away with your tips and critiques,and questions,don't be shy,iv'e got thick skin(sometimes) LOL.
Arthur
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:12 AM UTC
hi my friend,
good change on Tamiya figure. With your pyrogravure art,this guy looks the most handsome figure I have ever seen. Russian MG is also a good choice.I am sure you will clean the lines on the boots before painting
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:24 AM UTC
Looks awfully good...

the seamline remark by Graywolf is indeed a good one...
Also, in the first pic (form the back), it seems that there is still a gap where the arm connects to the torso...

Just curious, did you use pyrogrvure straight on the head, or first ad some putty ?

cheers,

Harm
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:22 AM UTC
Hi Engin,well spotted,i tend to clean up as i go along,now that the primer has shown up the imperfections,Hi Harm,there is quite a thick seam where the sleeve head meets the arm,and in the pic it shows up as a dark line,but no gap,and i applied the pyrogravure straight onto the head,no putty,cheers
Arthur
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:15 AM UTC
Hey Arthur!

I think you fig is looking great! The change of the head and weapon sure makes a difference. Im looking forward to see you put some paint on this one!

Figures that you covert/change your self always have a special place in the figure cabinet!
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 06:25 AM UTC
Hi Anders,it is nice to have time to do something for myself now and then,but then i suppose you know all about that,cheers
arthur
 _GOTOTOP