_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Update 3: Winter Dio Progress
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 678 posts
Armorama: 448 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
I have made significant progress on the Tiger I and figures going into my first winter diorama. It's a good thing too as I have a week left before my local club's group build "contest." Comments are welcome, especially on the size of the log I have attached to the side of the Tiger.

ambrose82
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:54 AM UTC
Is the log there for armor or to use in unsticking the tank? If it's there for unsticking or use as a corduroy road, you may want to consider scaling it down a bit. It's huge! It would take a lot of guys to lift a tree trunk that size.

The painting looks great. I like the worn look of the winter camo.

Nice work on the figures too. I like the addition of the headphone cable. Great detail work!
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 09:47 AM UTC
Ambrose82: While working with the "log" I did not notice how large it looked. But then this morning, when I looked at the pictures, it just looks huge on the side of the tank! Looks like I will have to add one more thing to my to do list. Thanks for the comments and confirming my thought s about the log.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 10:15 AM UTC
Really nice weathering on the tank and figures....the recognition flag looks nicely laundered though?

Vinnie
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:01 AM UTC
Hi KBM

I really like this dio. The paint and weather job are first rate. The figures came out very well. The only problem I see is what you and ambrose82 have already mentioned, the size of the log. It is huge. It would take the complete crew to move that beast. The good news is this is a minor thing and an easy fix.

Wolfsix
Monte
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 833 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 11:15 AM UTC
Have to agree with Ambrose and Wolf. Log is a bit too big. But as mentioned it's a very simple fix. Other than that it all looks great. Can't wait to see the whole thing when its completed.
caanbash
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,093 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2004 - 08:54 PM UTC
Hey, I love the charismatic commander who is FEELING the thing he is doing deep inside!!! What a position, what an emotional outlook!!! Is "he" from a kit or have you built him? Lovely and emotional!!! He loves to make war!!!
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2004 - 07:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments. The air recognition flag, at the time I took the pictures, had had just one light coating of very diluted acrylic dirty brown paint to start the weathering process. I have now done additional weathering, but no pictures yet. Also, the huge log has now been replaced with one much smaller. Finally, the tank commander body is from the Dragon Sturmartillerie Crew. He is the one pointing with his pipe. The beret was of course not appropriate for a Tiger commander's headgear, so I used a head from the Tamiya late Tiger I kit. It only required a small amount of work to fit. Probably no more picutres until I have the diorama all finished.
 _GOTOTOP