French LeClerc
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 04:07 AM UTC
Aloha Everyone!!!

Was wondering if anyone knew of an AM company that did a resin update for the LeClerc that includes the stand off armor package and the bar armor towards the aft engine area.

Thank you in advance!!!

Kurt Holokai
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 02:24 PM UTC
Hello Kurt,
The only company I know which does resin AM for the Leclerc (no capital C) is Blast and there is no such an update set so far. And I guess you're talking about 1/35 Leclerc.

The up-armored tank (French TUSK) was only a prototype and was never adopted by the French armor.
There is a planned upgrade program in the framework of the larger Scorpion program but so far no Leclerc (or you can say XL, short for AMX Leclerc) has been upgraded.

Olivier
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 09:02 PM UTC
I wished that Blast Models would re-release the Leclerc update set.
http://www.phpshopxml.com/blamod.shop/CID/d5b52a306be003c0bbf2257d01671529/function/itemPageDisplay/shopItemCode/BL35138K
JavierDeLuelmo
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:08 PM UTC
If you intend to make one of those nice & trendy Leclerc deployed to Yemen by the UAE, sadly there's nothing on the market for that version and if memory serves, due to the different engine the rear must be reworked a bit too. Would be great if Blast could offer a set for these, too.
poibrudda6
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 274 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 - 06:07 AM UTC
Thank you everyone for the information!!! I in fact was curious when I saw the UAE version and whether or not the French Army itself was looking into applying the upgrade to their own tanks. Encore merci tout le monde
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you intend to make one of those nice & trendy Leclerc deployed to Yemen by the UAE, sadly there's nothing on the market for that version and if memory serves, due to the different engine the rear must be reworked a bit too. Would be great if Blast could offer a set for these, too.

I know,that is one of those that I would love to be able to do.
 _GOTOTOP