Hosted by Darren Baker
CAF EROC "TAN" Color
madfrog67
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 91 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:14 PM UTC
So I have purchased thru LHS and Ebay the following vehicles... Bronco Buffalo 1st ed., Panda Husky VMMD and Panda Cougar 6X6 JERRV...

Going to diorama the Husky and Buffalo together doing Road Clearance and The Cougar with EOD team doing IED removal...

My question is what is the right shade of desert "TAN" that would represent these vehicles...

I have searched Armorama.com and other sites...frankly.. "TAN" opinions are like Buttholes...everyone has one...

I tried getting info on FS colors but can't find anything on these vehicles since they where not manufactured in Canada or the US....

Any help is appreciated ....

MadModeler
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 08:57 PM UTC
NSN Tan is the true tan tone that is the Buffalo. Might be able to go by Canadian Tire and pick up a can. When our fleet was deployed, painting was done at the factory. So I'm guessing we ran with a tone called USMC Sand. It's from Testors Model Masters. I used it on my Lepoard tank diorama. I believe I used it for the ECM piece.

Overall, I found the paint to work perfect.

Cheers,
Tom D

Oh if you ever in Halifax area. My diorama is displayed at Maritime Hobbies. They are located on Grafton Street and Spring Garden
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 09:05 PM UTC
The closest model color to US CARC Middlestone (official name of the color) is Testors Model Master Sand (FS 33531). Once weathered, it looks just like the vehicles I have served on. It is the only color I use for US Sand/Tan/Middlestone.
 _GOTOTOP