_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Using 1:72 IT 6085 bunker in a 1:64th model?
DUKWsinarow
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 124 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 09:45 AM UTC
I was wondering if any of you had built the 1:72 Italeri 'Costal Defense Bunker' (#6085), and if you could tell me if this bunker (or some other bunker) could function as the entrance for a 1:64th scale bunker?

Specifically, I'm hoping to use Pine Canyon Scale Models 'Toxic Terminal' and several other buildings to create a model of the shuttered '20th Century Motor Company' (a business featured in Ayn Rand's epic, 'Atlas Shrugged' http://www.conservapedia.com/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Company ) on my 'S'-scale (1:64th scale) model layout.

http://www.pinecanyonscalemodels.com/toxicterminal.htm

The shuttered 20th Century Motor Company will then serve as "brick and steel of a nondescript building" mentioned in the opening of Mark Levin's radio program (full text below) with a bunker entrance located on the slope below the abandoned buildings.

Would Italeri's 'Costal Defense Bunker' (#6085) work for this purpose???

I was hoping to use the larger "rear doors", shown in the pictures above, and that side of the bunker as the entrance to Levin's bunker.

Would the doors be tall enough to accommodate an average sized 1:64 scale man (approximately 1.13 inches tall)?

Could they also accommodate a 1:64th scale armored SUV (1.09 X 1.23 inches)?

Thank you

The 'Mark Levin Show' intro;

"Now broadcasting from the underground command post, deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker, somewhere under the brick and steel of a nondescript building, we have once again made contact with our leader, Mark Levin!"
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 09:16 PM UTC
If you could add about 1/2" of height from the bottom, and carefully blend it into the existing structure, that would work. A few strips of Evergreen styrene, distressed, similar to the kit, and added along the bottom of the concrete, and do similar for the door.
 _GOTOTOP