_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/16 M26 Pershing Build - Part 1
T-link
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 46 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 04:44 AM UTC
Hello All,

Just though I'd post a few pictures of my 1/16 M26 Pershing build.

I hope you like'um, there will be more shots added next week as the build progresses.

Let the fun begin....

p.s If you don't see any pictures at the links, come back at a latter time, there might be bandwidth problems with the photo server.

One of the first steps in the build of the M26

Here's another shot of the road wheels.

And another.......

Here's a shot of the first six wheels attached to the hull.

You must remember that each side has it's correct wheel labeled on the inside of the suspension mount as well as the suspension crank arms for each wheel.

And here's another.....

The instructions say to put on the back six wheels first, starting on the right side.

A shot of how the crank arms mate with the suspension tension rails on the inside of the hull.

Check to make sure all wheels sit at the same level once the springs are loaded, if not, you may to need to adjust the crank arm slot, BE VERY CAREFUL in doing so.

The next step, the upper road wheels, straight forward construction, nothing to really watch out for here

T-Link
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 322 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 05:19 AM UTC
Hey T-Link, Nice Tank!!! I just bought one of these myself, so I'll be keeping an eye out for your posts. Haven't started building yet, SOO TEMPTING though!! I want to repaint my 1/16 King Tiger first, plus I wanna wait till we move into our new house. The wifey is letting me have a WHOLE room all to myself for my models!!!! WOOHOO!!...anyway...glad to see I'm not the only one around here building the bigger ones!
T-link
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hey jejack2,

I'm hoping to get a King Tiger as well (first I have to finish the 1/16 Tiger 1 after the Pershing), glad to see another modeler here that's into 1/16. I'll be posting part 2 in a couple of days.

T-Link :-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:44 PM UTC
You know that you guys are wanting to slay my wallet!!!
Goosh I am waiting on the Dragon 1/16 scale T-34 type 85.
which I think for the money is better then the Tamiya kits anyway!

just my 2 cents
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 04:25 PM UTC
Very clean build T-Link! I'd love to have one of these beasties, but I try to stick to 1/35 due to "archiving" problems...
What I can see, is the lach of detail on the roadwheels, on such a big scale kit I'm sure the big T could have done far a lot better. May be you want to consider to do it on your own. Here's a pic of the real M26 road wheels if you're interested in...

Ciao
T-link
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 03:47 AM UTC
Thanks for the reference shot scoccia,

I kinda agree that Tamiya didn't as as much detail as they could have, but they also added detail in certain parts that they didn't have too (like casting numbers on the turret & mantlet). I will be definitly adding more detail to the kit (e.g Periscope guards, etc, etc), but not to the degree of a static model. This model will be a full working, R/C battle tank.

T-Link :-)
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2004 - 04:16 AM UTC
In case you need more reference pics just let me know...
Ciao
 _GOTOTOP