_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pz.IV J MID Ardennse help
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:44 AM UTC
I'm starting to plan a diorama and need some help with the markings for my pz IV.I can't seem to find any company that would make markings.Now my idea is this,I have a jumbo Sherman with 2 jeeps stopping to inspect a abandoned panzer IV and a rso.But need to tie everthing together markings wise.Any help would be great.Thanks
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 01:32 PM UTC
Best decal option would be Star decals 35-C1035 for Panzer IV ausf J late,just go with an unidentified unit.

Your going to need a very large base.
jekrott
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 485 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the help,I'll check into that set.Yea,so far I have the jeeps built the rso is 90% built.Its going to be a long process.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:27 PM UTC
Pictures
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 06:43 PM UTC
Given that the markings (e.g turret number style and colour) varied between units, would it be worth starting with the unit or vehicle you wish to depict and then hunting for suitable matching ones? You may not even need the unit ID (formation signs not always carried) to do that.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Given that the markings (e.g turret number style and colour) varied between units, would it be worth starting with the unit or vehicle you wish to depict and then hunting for suitable matching ones? You may not even need the unit ID (formation signs not always carried) to do that.

Indeed the iSS PzKorp issued the directive before the offensive to paint out all license plates and unit symbols for opsec purposes. All you would would be the turret call numbers.
J
 _GOTOTOP