_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
DML Hetzer (Pics)
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 12:18 PM UTC
Hola all,
I was digging through some old pictures and found these:

Its the DML Hetzer/ Flampanzer kit, the tracks are fruilmodelismo metal tracks. Ohter then that its built out of the box. When I look at it now, after I found this forum and gotten more interested in Armor again, I can see where improvements have been made. This model is over dry brushed (to my eye anyway) and its brush painted, was too lazy to bust the air brush out (still am acctually ) Painted in Apple Barrel acrylics, and oil washes used.
Please feel free to comment!
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 06:34 PM UTC
Actually looks good to me,only thing I would say is tracks look a little loose
Jeff
Actually I hvae seen versions with two return rollers one before 2 nd road wheel and one right after the wheel
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
Armorama: 569 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 08:38 PM UTC
Anders, you are probably right about the over dry-brushing, but I have to tell you, if I could brush paint like that, I would probably leave the air-brush alone too. Very nice hand work on a difficult camo scheme.
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 09:19 PM UTC
Thanks guys, I agree the track is a tad long, specially in the back where it sags like crazy. This was my 2nd tank after a jagdpanther that I did, I think I built this one in '99 or maybe 2000. Used to have it in a diorama, named Hetzer on the move, and had a couple of figures sitting on the tank and a few walking. When I moved, I dont remember what happened to the base, but I sure cant find it :-)
 _GOTOTOP