_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
looking for history of a specific tank
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 05:17 PM UTC
tis a Mk5 Chieftain 01EB12 B SQDRN 4RTR as it might've been in Munster 1975 named Defiant. I understand it's now at Bovvy as a Mk10, but I'm more interested in its past. this is how I've dressed up my Mk5. the decals were included with the Mk10, but not mentioned in the instructions. thx
frank01
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 06:13 PM UTC
not much info around here, may be worth checking with bovington tank musum, RTR website, or if your on facebook go to the chieftain tank appreciction society.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tankie/?ref=bookmarks
RLlockie
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,112 posts
Armorama: 938 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:42 AM UTC
Bovvy might have the vehicle record card, which would show its history of moving between units. However, don't expect much more than that - certainly not names that it carried.

I'd second the suggestion to try the FB group, as it has lots of ex-crewmen who might be able to expand on what you have. You can join with minimal info so you don't need to put your whole life on there.
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:51 AM UTC
thx. don't do "social media", esPECIally fb. just might send Bovvy an email, tho, see what they can pass on.
maximus8425
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 02:19 AM UTC
I would imagine that Bovington would hold the Vehicle Record Book AB 413. It tells the history of each vehicle from it being brought onto the books, units to which it was issued with dates, service records, engine changes, modification records, track mileages with inspection dates and changes and also base overhaul records etc.
Maintained by the Troop Sergeant it goes everywhere with the vehicle such as exercises & operations and handed to the REME when the vehicle has it's inspections.
 _GOTOTOP