_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
WW1 British Tank Overall help needed
HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:38 PM UTC
Hi,

I've been searching and looking at a lot of sites to figure out what is the right color for a British WW1 Tank overall. I can't find any pictures of "the real thing" only thisone of a 1/32 figure by Andrea. Seems to be blue/grey. Is that really the correct color?
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:53 PM UTC
have you checked on this site and on their forum? ....

http://www.landships.info/landships/uniform_articles.html#

http://landships.activeboard.com/

HansBouwmeester
Visit this Community
Namibia
KitMaker: 346 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 02:57 PM UTC
Yep, there's a picture of some man wearing the overall but can't tell the color though it looks quit dark.
The text says
When in action it was common for crewmen to wear overalls, in the shape of simple one-piece "boiler suits" of denim material, without visible pockets apart from two in the "trousers", and a very small stand collar. In 1916 these overalls were light or pale blue.
By 1917 a light-brown or tan overall became the norm for wearing in the tank when in action.
Since I'm working on the 1916 tankfight I guess pale blue should be the color but I can't find any pictures of it in color.
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2017 - 07:47 PM UTC
This is a photo of one of the British tankers from Stalingrad. He is wearing tan coveralls as you can see.

I tried loading a photo of the one I used in a diorama with a Takom Mk.IV, but photobucket was being less than cooperative. Al
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 09, 2017 - 12:48 AM UTC
sincerely as find vintage color photos is impossible because the only color photos of the time they were painted thus unreliable for colors reliability and find photos in stored clothing colors used only in 1916 from so 'few soldiers, since we are talking of the first tank drivers in absolute of history, it seems to me very difficult, unfortunately, I'll want to go a bit 'to guess,we all know the denim pale blue color,should not be difficult to redo

I imagine that those suits were taken directly from mechanics and engineers and not produced on purpose so maybe using that as your search criteria you can find something.
 _GOTOTOP