_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
News
Zvezda: 2S19 Msta-S
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 - 08:18 AM UTC

Zvezda has shared 3D images of its new kit in the works.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Igorbc
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 101 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 - 08:07 PM UTC
Looking forward to see more of their kits which are good quality for decent price.
davcon5
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 12:59 AM UTC
Why do another one of these when Trumpeter did this kit a few years back? Waste of time and effort on Zvezda's part.
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:49 AM UTC
If its more accurate than their T-90 and cheaper than Trump's kit I may give it a try.
Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:34 AM UTC
I think Eric has the answer to the "why" question. Trumpeter stuff, while undoubtedly good, has gotten very, very expensive of late. £60+ for an MT-LB: really?? Zvezda quality has improved by a staggering amount since the T-90 surprised everyone while the price level has remained largely unchanged. Many, even perhaps most, people will find the later Zvezda offerings to be perfectly acceptable and be more than happy to pay half the price. If we're honest with ourselves, most of us don't have the building and finishing skills to take full advantage of - and justify the cost of - the Nth degree of detail offered by the premium brands.

Let's not also forget the nationalist angle. Zvezda has taken on the role of being the national kit company of Russia, and many toy and other stores in Russia will stock Zvezda when they wouldn't dream of stocking Trumpeter. Have you seen how much Chinese and Japanese kits cost in Russian and Ukrainian stores? You think they're pricey here!

Harvard Business School came up with a model years ago that suggested there were only 2 reasons for launching a competitor product. Improved quality for which consumers will pay a premium price or a reduced price with a lesser quality that consumers will tolerate in exchange. For these 2 read Trumpeter and Zvezda. Except that the quality gap is considerably smaller than the price gap.

Companies like Zvezda should be encouraged to up their game, not give up and go away. Quick - better tell Samsung to shut up shop because Apple got there first ............
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:48 AM UTC
Been wanting to pull the trigger on the Trumpeter version of this beast for years; now with Zvezda taking a shot at it and most likely offering it at a lower price, I'll likely give theirs a try --- doesn't hurt ta spread the love around...
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 02:59 AM UTC
Yah well look how Trumpeter screwed up the 2S3, if Zvezda wants to give that a go I say more power to them!

Jim
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:04 PM UTC
But, does it have an interior?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:16 PM UTC
I am grateful that Zvezda tackle those kind of modern vehicles (T-90 despite its flaws, Terminator and now 2S19) for the sake of my wallet.
I can live with a kit not totally perfect when the price is affordable. Trumpeter kits are over priced in my opinion and the MT-LB mentioned above is exactly the right example.

Olivier
dam203
Visit this Community
Santa Fe, Argentina
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 05:48 PM UTC
Das Abteilung, I'm completely agree with you. I wish this kit don't exceed the € 40.
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 09:21 PM UTC
Funny how Trumpeter started by releasing cheap, reasonably accurate kits (and every variant thereof) and then spiralled up in quality/accuracy while taking on a heaping' of price increase. Unless its something unique I no longer buy a lot of their offerings. Of course they are hardly unique as to crazy new prices. Several other big-name Asian companies come to mind.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 10:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Are there more modelers than me who couldn't care less about an interior

I build with closed hatches, if it is possible, in 99% of the cases so interior parts feels like wasted styrene to me.
This is my personal opinion and others are entitled to their opinions

Haven't gotten around to buying the Trumpeter 2S19 so the reviews of this kit will certainly be interesting

/ Robin
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:39 PM UTC
Would have nice if they were to do the M2 version rather than the M1 like Trumpeters.
TigerTiger
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 01:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Are there more modelers than me who couldn't care less about an interior

I build with closed hatches, if it is possible, in 99% of the cases so interior parts feels like wasted styrene to me.
This is my personal opinion and others are entitled to their opinions

Haven't gotten around to buying the Trumpeter 2S19 so the reviews of this kit will certainly be interesting

/ Robin

On the whole I don't care about interiors, an open hatch for a figure yes but not interiors. All that said I have got an AFV club T-34 with interior and a Takom Tiger II 'Porsche' with interior.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Funny how Trumpeter started by releasing cheap, reasonably accurate kits (and every variant thereof) and then spiralled up in quality/accuracy while taking on a heaping' of price increase. Unless its something unique I no longer buy a lot of their offerings. Of course they are hardly unique as to crazy new prices. Several other big-name Asian companies come to mind.

My guess is this price increase is directly linked to the parts count which is just insane now. I don't know of a recent Trumpeter kit with less than 400 parts.

Olivier
 _GOTOTOP