_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Merkava Mk.3 BAZ Sideskirt "Antennas"?
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 12:08 PM UTC
I'm currently in the last few steps on Meng's Merkava Mk 3 BAZ, and when trying to get all the tiny parts together for painting, I lost one of the tiny 'antennas' in question, the instructions mark both as optional as far as I can tell (Part B6)... So, I'm wondering if It's possible to use just one, or none, or if I need to scratch a replacement?
Any help is certainly appreciated!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:09 PM UTC
I assume that what you name antennas are in fact vehicle width markers (I hope this makes sense).
So on your model one could have been broken and not yet replaced.

Olivier
Shalta
Visit this Community
Guangxi, China / 简体
KitMaker: 165 posts
Armorama: 160 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 02:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I assume that what you name antennas are in fact vehicle width markers (I hope this makes sense).
So on your model one could have been broken and not yet replaced.

Olivier

Fair enough, thanks!
I'm still probably going to replace the lost one somehow, as It's a pretty simple / small part, but still, good to know it's not needed!
Edit: I finally looked for references, I cant find the antennas on any Mk3, I guess I'm going with neither.
Edit 2: I have a book with a photo of the boxart Merkava Mk 3, and it apparently didnt mount them either. Now that's just funny.
As for why I didnt check that picture in the first place, It didnt occur to me that the boxart was just wrong... Silly, I know
GTDeath13
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 921 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 07:27 PM UTC
Most pictures of Merkava III Baz vehicles do not show them with flexible width indicators.

So the best option would be to leave them out. You can keep the spring and antenna base for use at other projects, since it resembles a proper radio antenna base.
 _GOTOTOP