Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Hobby Easy - Why do so many have to die?
WarIsExpensive
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 04:56 PM UTC
Bad luck mate I am in the UK and it usually takes 4-5 days for my orders to come through once they have shipped.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

It does not seem to matter which shipping option I choose(Florida or Arkansas); I always have to wait about a month. Sprue Bros. shipping rates have improved. Why Luckymodel does not offer tracking, is beyond me.

?... Of course they do. It is an option that you have to check when you place your order and you pay a couple of $$ extra for it, but they certainly do offer it. All my orders arrive with traceable shipments.

Different story is that USPS does not offer tracking for some international registered post services, which are traceable everywhere else in the world but disappear from the tracking systems once they arrive to the US... But it is USPS problem, not the sender's.

I chose airmail(7-12 days). Once shipped, it showed 14 days. It shows which post handles the item, but provides no tracking number. With Hobbyeasy, I use airmail. It still doesn't arrive for about a month.
bots1141
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 318 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 05:38 PM UTC
I've always had good luck with hobbyeasy's airmail! It usually makes it the the US a few days after ordering. The problem is that it will then sit in customs for a week or two only saying ISC New York on the tracking!
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:26 PM UTC
I've had good luck with hobby easy as well. About two weeks from order to arrival, I'll take that.
It would seem the problem is with the instant gratification. If you're in the U.S. and that's what you are looking for ... ordering from asia probably isn't a good idea. Just sayin. :-)

And since scalehobbyist was brought up, I can't give them enough praise. Ordered from them several times ALWAYS great service.
vikingtanker
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 06:32 PM UTC
Did you choose "exceptionally slow delivery service" I have used them many times and it is usually 2-3 weeks max.
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you choose "exceptionally slow delivery service" I have used them many times and it is usually 2-3 weeks max.

As I said, I opted for air mail. It usually takes a week and a half to leave Hong Kong, then sits in New York for another week and a half.
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 07:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did you choose "exceptionally slow delivery service"

I must have! I think I had to pay extra for it though!

jwest21
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,374 posts
Armorama: 3,126 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Did you choose "exceptionally slow delivery service"

I must have! I think I had to pay extra for it though!

You paid extra because they take your package to various countries to show it the sights. That way your package gets to see the world. I prefer this, as once I get my kits, they usually spend a year on a shelf in the basement. It's lonely down there
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 11:38 PM UTC
Select registered air packet, get it in 2 weeks. Problem solved.
No heart attacks, please, that's work for me...
Spartak
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 130 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 11:45 PM UTC
I have only good experience with Hobby Easy.
Personal record is 3 days from Hong Kong to Croatia (from buying to delivery).

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 11:52 PM UTC
I gave up ordering kits from Hobby Easy when the shipping started costing more than the kits, but have good luck with air mail shipping, small packet, hard to find Voyager PE sets. It usually takes a couple weeks. I've noticed a set was listed as available and ended up on a back order.

I just got in some detail sets from Europe for the T-55's I'm starting and the shipping time was about the same as from Asia.

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 11:54 PM UTC
[/quote]
You paid extra because they take your package to various countries to show it the sights. That way your package gets to see the world. I prefer this, as once I get my kits, they usually spend a year on a shelf in the basement. It's lonely down there[/quote]

That is too funny!
Jack_Turmoil
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 80 posts
Armorama: 78 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 02:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

i have always used scalehobbyist and have never had any of these problems and shipping is cheap as well on another note has anyone had bad luck with scalehobbyist

I love Scalehobbyist. They are my first domestic go to. They carry a large number of brands and incredible prices, compared to SpureBros (prices high, but good selection) & Squadron (although sometimes, they have great sales around Christmas, but selection is poor). Never had any issue with Scalehobbyist. If I strike out with them, I usually go with LuckyModel.
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 04:28 PM UTC
You mean something like this?: https://smile.amazon.com/M1151-Enhanced-Armament-Carrier-Academy/dp/B0054RRWM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489836445&sr=8-1&keywords=Humvee+model

Two day shipping with Amazon Prime.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 09:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

. . . compared to SprueBros (prices high, but good selection)

Heresy! Blasphemy! Lies!

Joe, you are the first person I have seen write that SB is expensive. I agree with you, but for some reason the standard narrative is that they have the largest selection, lowest prices, and fastest delivery, plus if you have a problem they'll fix it and send a hooker to your house for your trouble.

Whenever I am contemplating a purchase I check Squadron, Scalehobbyist, Hobbylinc, Tower Hobbies, Freetime Hobbies, and a google/amazon/walmart/sears/ebay online search. Unless there is a sale, I have never found SB to have the best price, while their shipping cost and delivery time is just "normal/average". They are a fine, reputable, hobby shop, but price leadership is not their advantage. I wonder what people are buying from them that is always cheaper there. It can't be armor kits.

KL
Removed by original poster on 03/18/17 - 17:55:17 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 03/18/17 - 17:57:11 (GMT).
davcon5
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 10:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You forgot to mention the number of executive orders that will be issued during that time
/ Robin

And the number of self-serving federal judges that will block most of those executive orders.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 - 11:27 PM UTC
I recently made a purchase from Squadron on one of their free shipping specials. They sent my package Fedex leaving Texas on a friday. I looked and it is 681 miles from them to me. My package went a total of 1263 miles, bypassing me once by 15 miles to arrive the following friday. Now that's a moneymaker! Wayne
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I recently made a purchase from Squadron on one of their free shipping specials. They sent my package Fedex leaving Texas on a friday. I looked and it is 681 miles from them to me. My package went a total of 1263 miles, bypassing me once by 15 miles to arrive the following friday. Now that's a moneymaker! Wayne

I had a box from the East coast go to Kansas, over to Texas and on to me in Arizona, after stopping in New Mexico. But yours wins the wth prize!
Wingtsun
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 295 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:30 AM UTC
I have purchased from Sprue Bros in the past. No complaints but as a Canadian, I find purchases from the USA tend to attract the attention of CBSA/CRA. I hate paying taxes on my hobby purchases, whereas I never got taxed on hobby purchases made in Asia which tend to be several hundred dollars worth. Secondly as Kurt said, Sprue Bros prices are not as good as the Asian shops and the postal costs are not much less either even though the physical distances are less. I really like the SAL shipping rates out of Japan. They are cheap but not as slow as surface shipping.
namengr
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 332 posts
Armorama: 328 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:37 AM UTC
Mine went from Texas to Kansas, past me to Champaign, IL. back to ST. Louis then north to me.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 12:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You forgot to mention the number of executive orders that will be issued during that time
/ Robin

Been watching American politics I see.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mine went from Texas to Kansas, past me to Champaign, IL. back to ST. Louis then north to me.

It seems we have a common denominator, Kansas! I wonder if UFO's, or witches were involved.
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 05:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

/ Robin

Been watching American politics I see.

Sadly even if you are not interested at all and you live in a remote part of the world you can not run away from American politics, especially since "Orange is the new Black" ....