Kubelwagen wheels?
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 04:44 AM UTC
Hola!
Just got the Kubelwagon...it was the africa corps version...I want the european version. What do I need to do to make it an Euro Version exept for the wheels, and who makes them? The spare tire rigging on the hood needs to go also I think. Please help!
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 05:20 AM UTC
Hi Anders,

What Kubel do you have ? scale 1/35 ?

AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 05:25 AM UTC
Duh
my bad, its the 1/35th scale, Im planning on doing a small scene with it, I have aires workshop conversion
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 05:48 AM UTC
Hi,

I will check what type of wheels my kubel - Italeri and Tamiya - have. If it has the european ones I let you know and perhaps we can swap them.

ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hi Anders, as far as I know the vehicle had no differences but the special tires for desert...
And as José = TUGA said if you´d like I can trade the tires with you, this desert version is a long want to build for me!
dencoarty12
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 08:08 AM UTC
Greetings Anders and all, I highly recomend Ampersand Publishing,(Military Miniatures in Review) Modeler's Special Edition Guide to the Kubelwagen. It has many resources such as aftermarket parts and just terrific photos and descriptions of the various differences that were found on Kubels. The modeling is first rate! Truely worth the cover price and then some. I mostly model US softskins, but this got me interested in the Kubel and It's various cousins including the Kafer/Beetle and Schwimmwagen. So much so I built one of each and have a couple more waiting in my closet. Neat Stuff. Scott
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 10:44 PM UTC
remember- all VW tires should have 5 lugs
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 11:07 PM UTC
I´ve heard about this book, and I´ll buy it as soon as I can, I also have a lot of kubels and schwimmwagen on the shelves, waiting to be built.
And amongst the Italeri and Tamiya (new tool) I´d stick with the Tamiya, its far better then Italeri counterpart.
The desert version I don´t have, but I suppose its the same of the original version.
HTH
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 602 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 10:05 PM UTC
all africa vehicles were equiped with dust filters ,europeon vehicles did not have them
GenHalftrack
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 07:06 AM UTC
I built a collection of VW's for the IPMS Nats at Va. Beach. There seems to be some difference in the wheel and the tire for the tropical version. At least there is a small hubcap or cover for the center of the wheel.
Have fun with the Aries workshp conversion. It is very tedious and takes some extra fitting to work, but the result is great. A lot of the parts get covered up so you may opt to keep them for your parts box.
Ed
 _GOTOTOP