Hosted by Darren Baker
Saudi National Guard LAV-150
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 - 05:15 AM UTC
Were SANG V-150s armed with Mecar or Cockrell 90mms? I can find no writen reference to what gun was used. I'd always thought Cockrell but the few photos I'd found had the muzzle covered. I found one photo (reputedly taken at the time of the Kafji incursion.). Detail is iffy but looks like a Mecar gun. I a also thinking of making a armored ambulance version. Any clue if the roof was solid (area of turret ring) or would it have large split doors , like a TOW carrier version I saw. Lastly, any thoughts on the shade of "sand" used? I'm thinking if factory paint, FS 30277. If repainted by the Saudis ?????
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:08 AM UTC
The V-150s were armed with the Cockerill gun with a visible muzzle brake but not the version provided in the Hobby Boss kit. It is a much simpler muzzle brake.

The tires on the SANG V-150s were also different than the kit tires with more of a distinct Michelin type chevron pattern.

Google "Battle of Khafji" and there are plenty of images to be found if you have time to dig.

You would be safe with factory paint.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:48 AM UTC
Thanks. I managed to modify the muzzle brake into a single baffle. Cut off kit brake forward of the first ring from the barrel then removed the middle portion of the other baffles and glued forward ring back on (with a little putty.) to get a good looking single baffle brake. Tires I'll have to live with. As for the ambulance version, the Echelon decal set mentions a flat roof version and a version with a parapet like the USAF M-706s. I'm going for the flat roof. Still have no idea on what the roof looks like. Also, the decal sheet mentioned the ambulances had a M-2 .50 cal. mounted. Huh?
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 04:42 AM UTC
Here is the SANG armored ambulane..... finally.
 _GOTOTOP