_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Matilda II (1/35)
Sergas
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:45 AM UTC
I hope this is the right part of the forum (otherwise move it please )

I just recently picked up Model building again (after almost 16years). So i m still learning.

My Goal with this Kit was to build a Vehicle during the Africa Campaign. All the Sand and Heat really beats up a Vehicle, that`s what i wanted to achieve.

What you see here is the Matilda II from Tamiya. I build it out of the box. The paints that were used are from Tamiya and the Washes/Pigments are from Valleyo. I applied the scratches with a piece of cotton wool and a fine brush. The Figures are really not the greatest, specially they eyes are HUGE (at least the pictures show them that way.. in person they look a lot smaller). Over the Weekend i painted a German Tank Commander and i think, if you compare the Crew of the Matilda to this Commander, you see a big difference

long story short, here are the pictures:

That one spot was a mistake from me. I applied a bit to much color to my cotton wool. So i tried to remove it with thinner, i applied to much pressure to that area and removed some of the color until i reached the base coat! I was to lazy to get my Airbrush for this little spot, so i "repaired" it with a Paintbrush.

i hope you guys enjoyed the Pictures. And i m always open for constructive criticism.

cheers
David
Knuckles
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 525 posts
Armorama: 266 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:46 AM UTC
NAILED IT!
celt15
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 05:04 AM UTC
A very well done model of my fave tank,thanks for sharing.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 08:16 PM UTC
Nice job after such a long break. Welcome back to the fold!
 _GOTOTOP