_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Vallejo Ivory Sand Question
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 401 posts
Armorama: 387 posts
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:28 PM UTC
Hello all,

Has anyone noticed that when the Vallejo model air ivory sand is sprayed it changes in appearance quite a bit from when to dry? I find that it transitions from yellow-ish ivory to white ivory.

Has anyone else noticed this or did I just get a bad batch?
Barrikadyzavod
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / España
KitMaker: 21 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 06:39 PM UTC
Dear Sir
This is a very odd issue with this Vallejo reference, I'd used it just two weeks ago on a russian T62 desert pattern and no hue changes detected. Please, you can contact with Vallejo at this mail:
[email protected]
If you send us the batch reference, we can check it and we will try to fix this. Is a reference like this: K-12-03, under the bar code.
We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and hope we can find a solution quickly.
Best regards
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 09:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Dear Sir
This is a very odd issue with this Vallejo reference, I'd used it just two weeks ago on a russian T62 desert pattern and no hue changes detected. Please, you can contact with Vallejo at this mail:
[email protected]
If you send us the batch reference, we can check it and we will try to fix this. Is a reference like this: K-12-03, under the bar code.
We apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused and hope we can find a solution quickly.
Best regards

Hi Chema,

This is Bojan. I posted this on Armorama before you solved my issue with the Sand Ivory on the Terminator. The model is just about finished, I will send/post pics soon!

Your help was greatly appreciated! I was getting ready to discard the model or order in the entire side panels before your help with the color matching.
Halbcl2
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 127 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 10:06 PM UTC
Bojan, I see your original post was back in April. I don't know when & where you got your paint but I wonder if it was during the winter.
Acrylics don't react well to freezing, so here in Winnipeg I never mail order any paints during our brutishly cold winter season.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bojan, I see your original post was back in April. I don't know when & where you got your paint but I wonder if it was during the winter.
Acrylics don't react well to freezing, so here in Winnipeg I never mail order any paints during our brutishly cold winter season.

Hi Tom,

I had bought the paint from a local hobby shop. It’s possible that it may have frozen at one point during shipping, but that’s impossible to know. This is the only time I had a problem with paint inconsistency. The extent of my problem was that I had painted a splinter camouflage on a Meng Terminator and needed to correct a bit of overspray with the sand color. It ended up being completely different and I spread the problem over a large area to the point I thought I had completely ruined it. Chema helped me color match as closely as possible to my original color and sent me samples. In the end it worked out quite well. I’ll post before and after pictures on here as soon as I figure out how. I used to use photobucket, but that no longer works.
KruppCake
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 06:16 AM UTC
Here are the before and after pictures of the success of the colour matching:

_GOTOTOP