_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
My unfinished dio, but almost complete
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 05:17 PM UTC
here are some photos of my UNfinished diorama, i still need to add a few more coats of pastel dust to the ground, and waether the wall, and add a little bit more broken rubble. the kubelwagen is just sitting in there for scale. Thanks, Most comments welcome............

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 10:18 PM UTC
Looks really kool, sand and grass is nicely done, be good to see it finished, cheers
flitzer
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 10:38 PM UTC
Looks good, love the grasses...very familiar...
Sand looks good too.
Can't see clearly but worth a note for desert scenes...the wind on fine sand makes little wavy scoops...a bit like a softer version of dunes at the seaside.
I'll try and find some pics of desert sand close ups with vegitation and will post when I do.
Its my weekend here...so I'm off now

Cheers
Peter
:-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 12:24 AM UTC
Good and clean, nice build. Suggestions - don't forget the Kuble tracks, weather the kuble to match the ground. Wind will get sand everywhere so weather the rocks (as you said you need to do) accordingly. I'm a 'base' guy and like to see attention paid to the base. I would get a sheet of styrene and cut it to match the edges and glue it on the edge to give it a nice clean smooth look. Paint it a complementary color.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 12:48 AM UTC
nICE WORK SO FAR, AGREEING with what people said i d add some tall grass in a more less uniformed way .more asymetrical
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 05:26 AM UTC
Its simple, and yet effective. I like the layout, and that rock is pretty cool. The sand, what did you use? I like that!

~Chip :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 12:10 PM UTC
Hello War-tool. I think you have made a great job with the Kubel, grasses and ground work .. and with some extra dusting from pastels will definately only make it better. I think the wall is a bit odd though. It is positioned like the kubel is in the inside. It ends in both directions ... being damaged but there is no foundation for what has been blown away, or no rubble either or any other signs of being inside. In my honest opinion, I would remove it, add some stones and/ or some throw-around-stuff like barrels, jerry cans, spare wheels, road signs, etc. as a backdrop, and the whole scene would be more realistic. The one really nice thing about the wall is the colours. It contrasts nicely with all the variations of sand colours.
At the end of the day, its your dio ..... its up to you about the wall. Just trying to offer another opinion. Good tip from slodder about tidying up the base. Balsa wood is another alternative. Good luck with the rest of your dio.
WAR-TOOL
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2004 - 12:26 PM UTC
Hi, Thanks for all the comments, The wall is supposed to be an outside corner of a building, and so the kubel is outside of the buiilding, and there is rubble by the wall, i still have a little more to ad to the dio, and i still need to gather up some small stones to add to it. The sand was done by using pastels and was applied with thinner. I still need to ad a few more coats of pastel to make the dirt look even better. but so far i am quite pleased with the dio. Thanks guys
 _GOTOTOP