_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tankfest 2002 Bovington England
kernowmerlin
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 26 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 02:30 AM UTC
Is there anyone out there who is going on sunday 30th June ?, it was cancelled last year because of foot and mouth. i am taking my camera, so depending on how they turn out i will post the best. hope to see you all there
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 03:56 PM UTC
I would love to see the pics Kernow. I alway loved Bovington. Been there when I was very young, since we spent a lot of our holidays with the family who live near Bovingon.

I haven't been there since ages though. Planning to go there next year or the year after so please put in the best shots and make my appetite grow.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 11:06 PM UTC
Unfortunately I'll have to miss this year. Please post your pics.

I will post what I take at Living history Day at Fort Knox, Kentucky on 04 July. I am also going to do video and digital...my 8-year old doesn't realize he's going to be a photo assistant!
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 04:59 PM UTC
Hi There
Please post the pics, it would be great to see them.The only time i got to bovingtonwas with the all wheel drive club. We were out playing on the tank driving area with all sorts of vehicles from Gama goats to Stalwarts Scammel Pioneers even a Stuart light tank and an 8x8 Tatra.great fun.my only regret is that i never got chance to visit the museum.
Enjoy your day
Peter :-)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 07:30 PM UTC
Would love to see some pics too see if they have any Fireflies their,or British shermans with steel chervon track. Have a good time
kernowmerlin
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 26 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 04:47 AM UTC
#:-) I have just returned from the tankest at Bovington, spent a fortune on those ( look darling i w'ont see this again). Will spend the night sorting the photo's and post them as soon as possible, great shots of a t-34 in full flight. Finally found Heller's Opel blitz 3t truck
which is the groung start for my first large diaorama

Lee Loveridge
Tanksalot
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 07:44 AM UTC
Wow, we just had a "rib fest" at a neighbourhood park (which was great) but a tankfest...
That sounds awesome!

I'd love to visit Bovington some day. I am in Calgary for a wedding for the next 2 weeks and hope to visit the Museum of the Regiments here. Here is a link for the virtual walkthrough which includes a Churchill, 2 Grizzly variants of the Sherman, a Universal Carrier, a Centurion and a Lynx

http://www.nucleus.com/~regiments/vpark/vhclprk.html

Enjoy.

Mike

_GOTOTOP