_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Any one for a Godzilla Campaign?
North4003
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 960 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 08:14 PM UTC
Would any one be interested in joining a Godzilla Campaign?
Subjects included would be the monster (himself), his monster foes, tanks, trucks, aircraft, ships, trains, other special equipment, buildings (power lines!) and other subjects included in the movie franchise. All scales would be included.
vikingtanker
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:51 PM UTC
I have a Type 61 just waiting to be melted in a wash of atomic fire!
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:58 PM UTC
Wouldn't that be more appropriate on a sci-fi forum? After all Armorama kind of gives away what the site's about.
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 09:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a Type 61 just waiting to be melted in a wash of atomic fire!

I moved the proposal over to the Model Geek site. Would you please repost over there. The Type 61 would be an iconic tank to build for Godzilla.
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 09:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wouldn't that be more appropriate on a sci-fi forum? After all Armorama kind of gives away what the site's about.

I moved Godzilla over to the Model Geek site. My original inspiration for suggesting this campaign was that it would be a great excuse for modeling armor and aircraft of all types as well as the beastie!
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:50 PM UTC
I'm updating this posting again to generate interest in a Godzilla Campaign. I found a Godzilla site listing vehicles which could be included in such a campaign. https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Category:Vehicles Pretty much anything JSDF is included. I'm sure many of the Armor and Airplane folks would find this interesting. To that end I've started a thread over on Model Geek for those who would express interest. I've also submitted a proposal and ribbon design for the Godilla Campaign.

The rules are simple.
Operational Overview
Godzilla has become a monster movie franchise over the past 50 years. This campaign is designed to focus attention on this pop culture phenomenon. The campaign is open to models from all the Godzilla films with no limit to scale. Subjects included would be the monster (himself), his monster foes, tanks, trucks, aircraft, ships, trains, other special equipment, buildings (power lines!) and other subjects included in the movie franchise. All scales would be included. Scratch building is encouraged.

The Rules and Regs
Build a Godzilla related subject from a kit, parts or scratch. Specifically, any subject in the franchise is open for modeling. Subjects included would be the monster (himself), his monster foes, tanks, trucks, aircraft, ships, trains, other special equipment, buildings (power lines!) and other subjects included in the movie franchise. Pretty much anything JSDF, US, or other countries depicted in the film series. All scales are included.
Kits may be partially started, no restrictions on how much work was previously completed.
Post photos of the starting point for your build.
At least two photos of the completed subject must be posted in the Godzilla Campaign Photo Album.
Have fun.

Contest Element
Only one ribbon will be awarded per entry.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree..this is an Armor forum.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:48 PM UTC
Oh no! There goes Tokyo! Go, go Godzilla!

(Couldn't resist a bit of song lyrics...)

This is indeed an armour forum, but then the big lizard did squash a LOT of early Tamiya motorized tank models. Might just give me the excuse to built that old M41 rotting in the stash after the Skybow and AFV Club kits pushed it aside...
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 08:37 PM UTC
For a start.

https://hlj.com/product/BANN22557
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 08:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I agree..this is an Armor forum.

And there was tons of armor in Godzilla movies. The pride of the JGSDF armor force went up against him movie after movie. M24, M41, M4A3E8, Type 61, Type 90 all rolled into action. That's enough armor to satisfy this 100% certified real life armor crewman.

Armor rules.

Now what ammunition do you use for a giant lizard anyway? A bunch of us gunners actually discussed it back in the day.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 09:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Armor rules.

Now what ammunition do you use for a giant lizard anyway? A bunch of us gunners actually discussed it back in the day.

Amateur guess: Try with one high explosive to check what happens. If it just makes a burnt mark on the surface then I'd switch the APFS-DS. The British HESH could be interesting to try.
It would be ideal if the APFS-DS would break up after penetrating the skin/scales though ...
Sort of 120 mm version of hunting ammo ...
/ Robin
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:33 PM UTC
Maybe some DU penetrators for a nuclear mutated monster?
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 11:11 PM UTC
APDS is just a high speed dart and would put lots of little holes in him. HEAT would gouge him and be a bigger wound. For a 105mm, American tanks had HEP. We also considered APERS and for 120mm the
canister round to follow up penetration.

We also figured on platoon fire commands and tight shot patterns to make the most of our penetration of armor to follow up with HEAT and APERS.
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 - 04:15 AM UTC
Sounds like the only case where the infamous Davey Crockett tactical nuke would make sense!
North4003
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 08:41 AM UTC
What would defeat Godzilla? Power lines, he hates power lines! Why not join the Campaign and test your theory.
barkingdigger
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What would defeat Godzilla? Power lines, he hates power lines! Why not join the Campaign and test your theory.

I assume you've seen the excellent film Troll Hunter? The scene at the power plant is a real hoot!
 _GOTOTOP