_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Milicast Models: Bergepanther
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 01:21 PM UTC

Andras Donaszi reviews and builds the Bergepanther Ausf A (final production) from Milicast Models in 1/76th scale.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:07 PM UTC
Okay, this is a start, so double the size and finally give us a 1/35th Bergepanther! Come on Dragon and Trumpeter, get with it and quit with the "infinite variant" theme and those laughable "paper panzers" that they seem focused on offering us!
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 - 06:27 PM UTC
There is a good resin conversion for 1/35, and ICM has a couple of versions; as does Italeri. Are those not good enough? (Never actually seen them, so I can't really comment.)
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 04:22 AM UTC
Nice job on the build and the review Andras, it looks a bit of a challenge with that number of small resin parts. You're right that it does look a bit old school, and looks as if it suffers a little from the same problem as that resin Centurion you passed to me with the tracks not being quite straight. Hard to do anything about it though.

Dragon's small Panthers all have that location mark on the back plate that looks like it is for the Bergepanther shovel, but if they ever get around to producing it, it probably won't have zimmerit...

On the bent chain run, perhaps just clamping it dead straight and then giving it some hairspray or some kind of glue, might that be enough to hold it straight?
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 - 03:48 PM UTC
Thank you Matt

These are "garage kits", so one needs to accept their limitations; but having built it I'm quite happy I have it; it is a unique vehicle.

I'll try to hang something on the hook (an engine, for example as I mentioned in the review), but we'll see. I don't want to overstress the crane's structure. Perhaps a small weight and some glue together would solve the issue.
 _GOTOTOP