_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Braille Scale Diorama figures ...
pbennett
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 464 posts
Armorama: 412 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 12:09 AM UTC
I wonder how many other Braille Scale modellers would like to see more coverage of British figures armed with SLRs etc. I often plan to tackle Falklands War and Northern Ireland dioramas, but find it difficult to source decent figures (either 1/76 or 1/72 scale).
I know that the old Matchbox set of Paras was re-released by Revell, but only a couple of figures in the set are of any use (not helped by them being made of polythene).
It would be wonderful if someone could release a set (preferably with separate arms, heads and weapons ... similar to the US figures provided by Dragon to accompany their LCM3 kit).
Any thoughts?
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 05:00 AM UTC
I would like to see ANY good quality styrene Braille scale figures.
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 05:20 AM UTC
I would love to see more modern figures released in Poly Styrene. So far only ReedOak is releasing some very excellent figures in 1/72 and are rather costly for just one figure but are well worth the cost.
Cheers
Charlie
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 08:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It would be wonderful if someone could release a set (preferably with separate arms, heads and weapons ... similar to the US figures provided by Dragon to accompany their LCM3 kit).
Any thoughts?

Zvezda make figure sets such as these: http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=ZVE6226 , and these: http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/dmlusa/prodd.asp?pid=ZVE6167 , and several more Brit sets. Up-side is figures are multi-piece for better detail. Downside is all Brit figures are wearing respirator bags and are more representative of 1940 BEF. Figures are meant for gaming but have great detail and definition, and are well-proportioned, but they only come 4 - 5 figs per set.

panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 10:04 PM UTC
i too would like to see more variety of british infantry in 1/72 & 1/76 from ww2. though i do have a set of britsh modern infantry from caesar miniatures which are great in details! though these arent posable and only set to iraqi war era, hopefully ill be getting some painting done on them within next month or two and making a few mini dioramas
 _GOTOTOP