_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Gunnie, I need your help again.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 05:02 AM UTC
Well I know how you just love the talk of Guntruck in the morning (So do I) so heres a few questions fo you,
Iam almost finished with the Model Valley guntruck conversion, and I need some Info. on the XM-134 mini gun in the back. First how is the gun powered, electric or how the 50cal works?? If the gun is electric where do all the cables go, and where do they all run to in teh truck? ?

On Nancy the armor on the turret how exactly does it open. Is it like a door that opens left&right, or up&down, where the hinges are on the armor.

Last thing, I was watching Tremors III the other night. Its with the monsters that crawl under ground and the keep changing in each of the movies. Well Bert the man with all the guns, has a M35A2 Quad50 in te beginning of the movie. There was no shield on the front but, it had te WWII ammo cans on it but it was stil pretty cool to see him shooting all of those running ones. You might want to check it out sometime. And do you know any other movies that have guntrucks in them?

thanks,
Mike
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Iam almost finished with the Model Valley guntruck conversion, and I need some Info. on the XM-134 mini gun in the back. First how is the gun powered, electric or how the 50cal works?? If the gun is electric where do all the cables go, and where do they all run to in teh truck? ?

I have a diagram at home - give me a little time to pop it off to you...

Quoted Text

On Nancy the armor on the turret how exactly does it open. Is it like a door that opens left&right, or up&down, where the hinges are on the armor

Neither - the Shield is bolted on. No hinges, it comes off easily for the Gunner's ingress / egress.

Quoted Text

Last thing, I was watching Tremors III the other night. Its with the monsters that crawl under ground and the keep changing in each of the movies. Well Bert the man with all the guns, has a M35A2 Quad50 in te beginning of the movie. There was no shield on the front but, it had te WWII ammo cans on it but it was stil pretty cool to see him shooting all of those running ones. You might want to check it out sometime. And do you know any other movies that have guntrucks in them?

Yeah - Bert is a crack-up Actually, other than that little shot, I don't recall any G/T's in any other movies. A couple of years back, there were rumors in Hollywood that ABC was planning a series based on the truckers and their missions in the Vietnam War. Personally, I was dreading it coming to fruition, because of "artistic license" often taken in Hollywood. I had visions of Pappy Boyington's Lambs running around the convoys in short, cut-off fatigues, and other such "fluff". It never came to pass...

Gunnie

thanks,
Mike[/quote]
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 06:33 AM UTC
Thanks Jim I'll look for the diagram. Ok for Nancy the shield doesnt come off for the gunner to get in, like how Bert got in the turreyt in TremorsIII just climbing over the back right?

Mike
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Jim I'll look for the diagram. Ok for Nancy the shield doesnt come off for the gunner to get in, like how Bert got in the turreyt in TremorsIII just climbing over the back right?

Mike

One crazy individual like Bert could enter the Turret that way, but the Shield was removable for easier servicing of the controls - hence access from that position.

Gunnie
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 11:27 AM UTC
Ok thanks Jim I get it now. There is one more question I have for you I forgot to put it in the first message I posted. I was wondering how to glue the door on the M35 open. Should I just put the door at the angle I want or do I have to add or change anything? Oh yea about the armor plating on the windshield, should I remove teh bolts sticking out of it? And should I leave the windshield wipers on the windshield?

thanks again,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP