_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1:35 us wrecker crew
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 09:54 PM UTC
Hi,

I am currently building the Diamond T wrecker from Mirror Models. I need one or more figures to go with that kit. I have searched the web but was not able to find figures that I could use. Closest thing I could find is Tamiya set 25106 but those two guys are just standing there with all their equipment I need a figure that is in a position where he holds a cable or a wrench or something. can anyone help?

Cheers,

Matthijs
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:03 PM UTC
ICM has a set of US drivers and mechanics that would probably work. They are dressed in work uniforms including the floppy baseball type caps, and coveralls, which would be appropriate for mechanics and recovery crews-- I think two of the figures are seated.
VR,Russ
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:06 PM UTC
Russ,

I think you're thinking of Miniart, they have the driver set you're thinking of.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 - 10:38 PM UTC
John, thanks, you are right-- it is Miniart-- I have several sets of figures from different manufacturers in my storage unit, so they are not immediately accessible, and at my age I tend to run manufacturers together at times! Miniart is a great manufacturer that makes figures not commonly made by other companies This driver set is a pretty nice set, and provides uniform options not normally seen in WWII figure sets, but were in fact more common than the combat uniforms others seem to have an affinity for--ICM does the same to a lesser degree. Thanks for the correction.
VR, Russ
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 12:30 AM UTC
thanks!

These are exactly the kind of figures I was looking for, I already ordered them

_GOTOTOP