_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
the end of a era!
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 08:29 AM UTC
Hi all

it is with some sadness that i must inform you all that at the end of March 2004, my web site Doc Dios will cease to exist. I have decided that i will not be renewing the rental on the web site as i have not really updated for over a year.

I would like to take this moment to thanks all the people who have donated work and articles for the site over the years. Your work has been a big inspiration for me and im sure a lot of other modellers.

On the upside i am rewriting a lot of the articles and hopefully these will be published on Digital Dioramas and other sites.

I will still be modelling and hope to concentrate on publishing my work on Digital Dioramas and other sites.

Again many thanks to you all

regards

keith forsyth
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 08:44 AM UTC
Keith,

sorry to hear this. I would like to thank YOU for providing us with an excellent website with great reference over the last couple of years. Don't forget us when you write new articles, or re-write the old ones. Just mail them to our staff, and we'll find some room to publish them.

Thanks ! And please keep us posted on your modeling.

Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:42 PM UTC
Bummer, Keith -- I really enjoyed your site when it was active. Hope you manage to transfer at least some of its how-to content to other websites.

Thanks for the site and good luck in your future endeavors!.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 12:58 PM UTC
Ouch bummer. Sorry to hear that. You are always welcome here, so don't be a stranger.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:16 PM UTC
Howdy keith,

Man, not what I wanted to read after sitting down and waking up Armorama! Very sorry to hear you are closing your 'virtual' doors. I can only assume you have your reasons, and can only try to understand them. You will be missed by more than you know.......

The very best Sir!

And as has been already said, don't be a stranger here.

Tread.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:27 PM UTC
I hope the best for you Keith and your future endeavors. Your site will be missed.
We'll keep our fingers crossed that the articles survive elsewhere.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 03:08 PM UTC
Im very very sorry to hear this. One of the first sites I found when I got into the hobby 3 years ago and was a huge inspiration ... and still is! I donīt know how many times I have suggested people take a look there for help in dio building ...... even refered somebody there tonight about the filter/rivet method.
Some of those articles are priceless and hopefully digital dioramas pick them up. Maybe Jim might be interested?????
Good luck for the future, Keith. Hope to see more articles like this soon. All the best. Frank.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 03:15 PM UTC
Im sorry to hear this also after two years in the hobby I still take a look every once in a while wish I had all the info saved somwhere. I and Im sure anyone else who has ventured to youre site really appreciate the inspiration you have given us.
Thanks PFC
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 05:47 PM UTC
Keith, I'm sorta a newbie here on the internet as far as modeling goes but I am sadden for the loss of your site. I have learned quite a few techniques and trricks from your site. I hope to learn many more things in your articles on digital dioramas. I tip my hat to you sir. Kevin
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2004 - 11:49 PM UTC
Oy that is indeed some sad news.

My modelingyears more or less started with the Discovery of your site (before Armorama) And here I learned a lot of good techniques. It would be a shame if that would all be gone. I`m looking forward to your future Work and I`m sure that a lot of Articles will find their way on the World Wide Web. It is been said before and I will do it again. Don`t be a stranger here. We would love to see you here

_GOTOTOP