_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
MiniArt T-54B.
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 04, 2017 - 07:02 AM UTC
After seeing the wonderful build of the new MiniArt T-54B, I decided to build one up to adapt my 3D printed part to the kit.

My initial thoughts. The plastic is a little soft, but glues very well for me. Care must be taken when removing parts from the sprues. I use a fingernail clipper and a small angle cutter.

Fit of the engine parts was good, but a few were annoying. As an example the halves to the cylinders have too much wiggle room. At least for me. The finished engine looks good, I will add details later.

After test fitting the parts that hold the torsion bars and suspension arms to the hull (S34, S36, S38, TC9 TC10) I decided to put the hull sides on. These parts are not well supported on the lower hull floor plate. With the sides on there is a solid place to mount the parts.

I added the front and rear plates to be sure the sides were squared up. The upper hull plates are loose. The only fit problem I found is at the rear. Either I got the plates lined up wrong, which seems unlikely since everything fit together, but there is a obvious seam where the final drive bulges should contact the rear hull. Nothing a little filler and welds won't fix.

Over-all I think everything went together very well so far. The hull came out square, and solid, with a little effort.

_GOTOTOP