_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Panzer Grenadier part 3
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 06:01 AM UTC
The hair and top highlights on face were drybrushed on in white oil,and a touch of colour added to the cheeks,(his face of course),i then did a mix in oils of Burnt Sienna,Grey oil mix,and Windsor Greeen to get that field grey look,i put that on as sparingly as possible,and then with a larger brush got most of that off as possible,at this stage i also did the gas mask container and helmet in the same colour.I then used a dark brown mix of Mars black and Burnt Sienna under the arms between the legs around the equipment,and between the tunic and trousers,when this was blended in i used Flesh oil and added this to the elbows shoulders and high[onts on the trousers and blended,i added a touch of colour to the fig by painting his scarfe red,by the time it is finished it will be Polka Dot,and makes a nice contrast with the white on the inside of his tunic,the ammo pouches and bread bag were done in Yellow Ochre oil and will be finished later,as usual any points of interest are welcome.
Arthur
DRAGONWAGON
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,041 posts
Armorama: 501 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 10:55 PM UTC
Looks impressive Arthur, I've got one little comment: on the picture the trousers seem a little glossy, but than again...could be the picture.
I love the way you painted the face, the face is the reason why I didn't start on figures in the first place.

Ajob very well done, John.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 05:57 AM UTC
Hi John,you are spot on about the trousers,but the paint was still wet when i took the pics,i tend to take pics as i go
Arthur
 _GOTOTOP