_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Churchill Crocodile on Progress for BCGB
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 06:20 PM UTC
Hi there guys, running the build for the BCGB (British Commonwealth Group Build) i am progressing on the Churchill Crocodile this old set from Tamiya (25 years old) but so nice piece of model!!

So here ti goes ]

The subbuild as you see them are almost ready with some improvements :
lower hull, with open hatches, brand new tow cables from my own factory (if thsi method have not been decsribed here , i have to do it its much fun !!) some turret detailing (inside place of hatches detailed, new antenna and metal guard behind horseshoe periscope, up armor from German tracks mountedon turret and belly and fine copper handles on the trailer, tow cable holders over side round hatches, and ...the list goes on ....

Not much to comment maybe but i want to share with you !!!!

Costas
chip250
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
Armorama: 727 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 07:06 PM UTC
I am actually jelous! I am reading a book now called "Flame Thrower" by Andrew Wilson. And its all about his days as a croc commander from Normandy to the fall of Germany. So if I were you I would get readin!

Great model! I am a big fan of the Churchill! I loved my Tamiya Churchill, and hope someday to get the croc!

Great model again!

~Chip :-)
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 08:28 PM UTC
hi major goose you got a nice progress their.

only one remark that thingy on the turret of the tank should look like :

atleast it did on the cromwell

anyone you got a good start and cant wait to see you finish this beast
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 08:34 PM UTC
Hi there zero co_01
That guard thingie is different in any Churchill i have seen, others are symmetrical others are like the one i did and also there are some more comlicated on Churchill's Mark VII (that next turn to Crocodiles) with two levels of metal framing connected with metal wire. i tried this one but in such small size didnt come out very well so i turned to another i have from pictures. Thanks on the comments
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 09:31 PM UTC
hi bro,
though i am poor on Brit armor,this looks good.
question; do you drill holes on plastic for copper wire handles or glue them with CA glue to the plastic w/o holes?
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 29, 2004 - 09:56 PM UTC
Engin , the handles there are putted on the existing kit holes , replacing the bad handles of the kit. If u are asking about the whiting effect in the surrounding area is a strange reaction of a new superglue (TESA) i tested from first time on this. It seems to be a lil stronger than the other superglues i am using usually (BISON, LOCTITE ..), and i will be carefull with it . Its thicker actually so thats why i used it , i hoped it wouldn't run like water like the other superglues and it didnt but......i ll see in the next days it happens something else !!!!!
With standard plastic models glue the copper handles do not stand hard on the plastic kit , thinking also that i will put some pressure on them hangin ropes and all this. I hope i cleared out !!

Costas
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:35 PM UTC
Guys , is there any one that has a real close shot of the flamethrower ? if there is one please post it . Thanks in advance
 _GOTOTOP