_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
My latest dio:"Nazi Propaganda"
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 846 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hey guys!I think I finished it!What do you think?
Figures-Tamiya and Dragon
King Tiger-Tamiya
Barn-Scratchbuilt
More pics in my gallery

SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:49 AM UTC
GREAT BUS - EXCELLENT PAINTWORK.
CONGRATS

ROBERTO
bison44
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 471 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:18 AM UTC
Howdy Bus! This is some really good work! The detail on the figures is excellent! The washes/shading on the uniform folds make them stand out nicely. The hint of stuble on the figures faces is a nice touch. The workshop/barn looks great and the moss gowing on the side of the building really adds to the depth of the scene. And the layout is interesting as well, the tank crew getting filmed while a wounded man nearby is ignored by the propaganda film maker. Wonderful job!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:28 AM UTC
Pretty neat. If you don't mind one little bit of advice: If you have the time or initiative, add a lot more wounded soldiers off to the side. I just think that 6-7 wounded soldiers of varying degree being ignored vs the cameraman filming a jubilant tank crew will be more dramatic.

What kits did the stretcher and medic and the walking wounded with buddy come from?
phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
I agree with Shermie. One other thing I noticed also was the lack of track marks on the ground. Not too significant but it should be something to consider when you build your next dio. Excellent job all around.
Kyle
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!
Bison 44- You got the idea!!I wastrying to do exactly that:The cameraman ignoring their casualties...
Shermies-IŽll see what I can do!The kit is from dragon...IŽll PM you later to give you the kit number
Phoenix 1- The marks are there!IŽll provide a closer looks later(in fact, The only track marks is from the tiger)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 12:48 PM UTC
I was thinking even more. Perhaps some serious wounded guys sitting or lying near the stretcher guys. Then have a few walking wounded (arms in slings, bandaged heads, etc.) standing around and actually watching the film crew but out of the way
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 01:30 PM UTC
Wow! How do you do your figures? They're awesome! Thanks for your time.
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:02 PM UTC
Looks absolutely excellent Bus, great work, cheers
firemann816
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 790 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 05:41 PM UTC
Yeah, I really like the figures!
Theyre fantastic...
Well Done
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
KitMaker: 1,217 posts
Armorama: 799 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 06:55 PM UTC
Very, very good work man!

I agree with the others about more wounded peeps needed also one more thing, i noticed that ur ground is pretty much yelowish and light brown, and "dust" on ur figs (where it can be seen on photos) is darker brown... maybe its the photos, if not, u might want to consider adding some pastels on lower parts of uniforms

but, all in all, excellent work both on figs/tank and groundwork, im waiting for ur next one!

Sensei
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:19 PM UTC
congrats Bus..very good diorama and thanks for sharing the building steps with us. Tamiya German soldiers on maneuver is a very good kit almost suitable for all dioramas.
a few friendly advices for your later work ; :-)
1. the blood effect on the wounded figure of the fallen comrade set is very good but i believe you could make the hair better.i think you used a small amount of putty to simulate hair but it can be done and also painted better.the color is like a punkish red brown.
2. if you plan the positions of figures in your diorama before starting you can have better results.you can make footprints of walking figures,tracks of vehicles and you can press the figures on the ground for a realistic look before the ground dries... is it the photo or the feet of medic are not on the ground? :-)
3. you are such a talented modeler but why not adding helmet and weapon straps using foil or paper band?

my best regards
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:40 PM UTC
Well this is one very nice and wellbuild dio my friend. Many nice details, nice neat and clean build of the figures (which i respect a lot) and a "spacy" layout that gives a feeling of piece and calm in the scene despite the tank tha halftrack and the guns on the soldiers. I like it a lot . Very weel done/ Of course the above said nitpicks are to keep in mind, especially "punkish red brown" ( #:-) thats what u mean Engin ?
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 12:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the comments guys!
MEBM- I paint them the usual way:Airbrush the base coat ,apply the washes,drybrush, and then I paint the details.I paint the faces with enamels and oils.
Graywolf-Thanks for the tips!But the hair of that guy wasnŽt made with putty, it comes with the kit!The hair color is weard, IŽll change it.The medic wasnŽt glued in that pic, but that was already fixed.About the straps- I had my own deadline to finish this dio, because during classes, I stay away from the hobby ...so I hadnŽt time for it.
Shermies- Your idea is very good!IŽll take note!
Thanks again guys, your comments are always helpful

Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 07:12 PM UTC
I think there is too much chain hanging on the Tiger. Chain was rarely, if ever, used for towing especially for heavy vehicles. Eventually a link would stretch and snap and the loose end of the chain would become a very deadly whip. I've seen it happen once with a jeep pulling another jeep out of mud. Luckily no one was injured.
MEBM
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 530 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:30 PM UTC
Say, how did you get the stubble on your figures? Thanks for your time.
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:44 PM UTC
MEBM-I already wrote it!!...I think!What does it mean stubble??
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC
Stubble is the beard on your face after a few days before it gets thick
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 05:29 AM UTC
AAHHHH.....!!Thanks Shermies!
MEBM- I drybrushed medium and light gray!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 06:02 AM UTC
Good job. It's clear what you were trying to convey and having the second casualty comins in helps, but it looks like a work shop injury, rather than combat. Damage to the workshop, a bunch of spent shells, a mortar shell crater would make a more powerful statement. The only wound appears to be to his hand and it's unlikely heed be stretcher borne for that. Also, if I were a mmedic working on a guy who wasn't critically injured, I'd want to do so out of the direct sun. And as I think of it, having the wounded guy and several more wounded "hidden away" in the shed would make your statement even more powerful.
But giben you had a deadline for yourself, you've done some excellent work.
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 11:25 AM UTC
Thanks AJ!
The guy in the stretcher is very wounded!I think the pics donŽt show, but he received a shot in the stomach, it has blood there...
About others wounded soldiers: IŽll certainly do it,but only in July-vacations!Your comments will be preety useful, and thinking on putting a mortar...hehe!!
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Posted: Monday, March 08, 2004 - 12:07 PM UTC
bus, I think you did a fantastic job here. I would agree with the advice of everyone, but still offer my applause! Bravo!
Morsecode1
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 19 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 08:48 AM UTC
Well done, its amazing!
 _GOTOTOP