_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Finding Academy Merkava IV LIC Parts
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:01 AM UTC
Hi All,

I'm working on my Academy Merkava IV LIC tank, and at step 11, it refers to 4 parts identified as B30, going around the gun. I think these parts are labeled wrong, because the parts identified B30 on the "b" sprue are only 2 parts which are small 'chains'. I have looked at all the pieces on all the sprues and cannot find 4 small parts that look like the parts shown in the instructions (below). Can anyone help me? Are those parts just mislabeled in the instructions? What are the correct part numbers? Or do those parts not really exist? Thanks for any help!!

Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 04:09 AM UTC
Not home right now but those parts do exist. Can't remember if they are mislabeled/numbered but they are there, at least on my kit. The are a bit fiddly to place as there are no locating tabs to help align them.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 03:00 PM UTC
Yes those parts are in the kit. I didn't remember any issue with the numbering but for sure you have no marks on the barrel to put them in the right place.

Olivier
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 03:08 PM UTC
Feeling better Curt ? Good to see you back at the bench
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 04:43 PM UTC
Thanks, Anthony. I didn't want to get into a big deal on the thread about my hands, but over the last few months, the nerve issues in both hands seem to have moderated on their own, no medical intervention, though I did see a hand surgeon in mid July. I was told that if the body heals damaged nerves on its own, it can take 6 months to a year. I have been fortunate that function has returned to about 80% of normal. I am VERY, VERY fortunate. I only hope it continues to improve, and that whatever caused this thing, will not return. Thank you for the kind words 😊
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:17 PM UTC
Sorry to hear about your hands. Had been wondering where you had been. Figured you just took a break. Good to have you back.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:25 PM UTC

I could be wrong but ...
Sprue B, barrel halves in upper right corner, 2 octagonal hatches/lids below the barrel halves,some kind of MG/hatch-ring further downwards to the left/center. To the right of the MG-ring and below the hatches/lids there are 5 (1 + 4) small parts in the next frame.
Could the 4 smallest ones with holes in the centre be what you are looking for ?

/Robin

Edit: See image below kindly provided by Mikhail.
I sincerely hope that we are correct
abrosimi
Visit this Community
Moscow, Russia
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 05:39 PM UTC
If I am not mistaken these parts are probably here.

Das_Abteilung
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 365 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 - 04:16 AM UTC
Here they are in real life to give you an idea of the size and shape you're looking for. Not big. Easily made from card if you can't find. Not sure what purpose they serve. I surmise that is the locking ring for the bore evacuator can and the pieces in question are to take a C spanner type tool to unscrew it.

cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, August 07, 2017 - 06:40 AM UTC
First, thanks to dvsand for the kind words. And...thank you all who helped me find those parts! I feel SOOOO stupid, but now that you point them out, and with the photos of the real thing, I absolutely looked at those parts on the sprue and told myself that those COULD NOT be the parts in the instructions. Now, I see that they are, in fact, those parts. So many, many thanks for all of you who helped Mr. Stupid here find the obvious
 _GOTOTOP