_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
True Colours
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 08:45 PM UTC
Lots of posts concern colors.
Wouldn't these discussions be an awful lot easier if this site would show a standard color chart (or even one for each well known paint manufacturer with the correct references) ? It would allow us to pinpoint exactly what colour we are referring to in our posts.
(Sure, I know that colours on-line are not exactly the same as real paint colours. I have that kind of discussion all the time with our advertising agency. But it sure makes life a lot easier if there's a reference at hand to discuss ...

Would Jim agree with this idea if someone can provide the correct color charts ?

Jan
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 08:50 PM UTC

... and if each color would be a separate .gif file, we could easily refer to them by including them WITHIN the post by using that nifty [img tool !
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 09:02 PM UTC
Problem is that depending on your computer monitor, printer, age of equipment, etc. the color may or may not look the same on different machines. There are a few sites out there dedicated to color charts that cross reference the various colors of each manufacturer to the FS, RLM, etc. numbers.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2002 - 02:28 AM UTC
the trouble with colour charts,is that,i think most of us tend to improvise when painting,
nobody seems to end up with the same colour shade.
Arthur
Am Alba Mannich
 _GOTOTOP