_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dragon Firefly Ic - Hybrid Front Fender Issue
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 12:20 AM UTC
Am I missing something? There seems to be something missing from the front where I would attach the fenders, the upper hull does not have the section to where part J6 and J7 would attach? I've gone through all of the kit parts sprues to see if there's anything but does not appear to be! Not sure what to do now?

m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 12:40 AM UTC
Did you get the model new or used? The front edges of the hull look like something has been cut off. You might have to replace the bases with plastic sheet.

On all the Composites I had the fenders were separate parts and you had a choice of PE or plastic fender bases. Maybe that changed since Dragon went cheap. Is there an R sprue in the kit?

On some of the earlier Dragon Composites the fender bases were molded on.
KellyZak
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 641 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 12:47 AM UTC
I think it's used, but everything was still in the bags, unopened, and the upper hull was still attached to the sprue. Looking at the front of it, it doesn't appear to look like anything has been trimmed off, really weird! it is Dragon's Smart Value Kit #9104. Guess I'll have to fabricate something up. And these instructions aren't the best either, kit's already testing my patience...
m4sherman
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,866 posts
Armorama: 1,808 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 01:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I think it's used, but everything was still in the bags, unopened, and the upper hull was still attached to the sprue. Looking at the front of it, it doesn't appear to look like anything has been trimmed off, really weird! it is Dragon's Smart Value Kit #9104. Guess I'll have to fabricate something up. And these instructions aren't the best either, kit's already testing my patience...

The mold was probably upgraded and they forgot to add the fender parts, or hoped no one was paying attention. Still, it is a nice model, have fun with it.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, August 28, 2017 - 08:21 AM UTC
This is hte orange Box 1c which was an upgrade of the ancient Imperial series #9037. The original had full fenders but the new hull from their Hybrid doesn't. Typical for Dragon not to even check that they have supplied the correct fenders as they added fenders for a standard hull. This is a pretty good value for money kit nonethe less and aftermarket fenders are available or check through DML sherman kits for spare unused ones

Al
 _GOTOTOP