_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
German cargo 1/35
Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 66 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 07:55 PM UTC
Hallo guys... long time since my last project...

Well, i am working on my 2nd ever diorama for a long time, and now i have some photos to show you...

For now you can see the scenary of the diorama, and the title will have sense at the end... (hope to get there)

Evry think except the manholes is builded from scratch...

If you have some questions or comments, please wellcome...

Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 08:02 PM UTC
I also started with the painting...

Evrything is painted with Vallejo mc... Some roof tiles were to brithe so i tone theme down wit a acrylic filter...

Then i applied a overall row umber oil (filter-wash) to tone down the colors and unify theme...

Now i have to do the same process wit the additional things that are yust test fitted in the last picture...

And after the oil filter...

Hope you like it... and sorry for my eanglish...
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 08:11 PM UTC
Beautiful work but I admit, I wait for the "cargo".

I am guessing civilians sneaking from the cellar into a covered wagon or truck???

Will follow with interest.
Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 05:15 PM UTC
Ok... slowly but shurely i am making some progress...

I painted the remaining elemets and the earth in the right corner, and than i gave an overall drybrush with the brithest color of the earth and i think that this bonded evything together even more...

The roof now looks great (for me)...

Comments wanted...

Regards, Bostjan

Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 06:13 PM UTC
Hi Bostjan,
Impressive scratch-construction skills, it’s looking very promising. Because you’ve asked…maybe we do need to understand what your overall idea is in order to provide the most helpful comments e.g. which country are we in? I can see the cellar doors are open & presumably relate to the “cargo” of the title, & the garden wall has been flattened by a tank (?)

I’m not sure about the scale-size of the door hinges…or why the door is opening out into the street? The iron fence - those uprights look like safety matches when they should probably be spikes? I’m not convinced by the damage to the building – if the idea is pressure-damage from nearby explosions, there needs to be shrapnel chips/gouges everywhere. Except the window frames in an earlier photo were suggesting a blast inside the house…which would have taken off all the roof tiles. Right now the house looks more like it was abandoned 10 years previously, rather than being in a combat zone, so I suggest you need to clarify the story for us.

Regarding colours – just as you’ve faded/toned down the roof tiles I assume you’ll fade everything else too…? Otherwise the road & pavement in particular look way too brightly coloured, I’d be throwing grey dust all over it. Anyway hopefully some of that may help you, I’m curious to see what will happen in this dio, good work so far!
Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Monday, September 04, 2017 - 08:26 PM UTC
Ok... time for explanation...

This is an grrman pub and there will be some us troops with an m3 scout car that are trying to fit a stolen farm cart on the car and the cargo will be the beer...

I tryed some damage simulation on the house just to try tecnics for furter dioramas and the damage is not so inportant for the storry (there were some figts in this area some time ago... )

The overall look is not finished jet.. i am experimenting with washes and drybrushing and in the end i will use pigments and dust too...

I know that i was not so precise with detsils.. i guess that i bite a little more that i can eat so far...

Thanks for your wanderfull coments... i am learning step by step...

Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 06:29 PM UTC
I made an old advertisment for the wall...

I printed the adv. and then glue it on wooden basla tabble with frame...

Because the water the paper have some waves and we can tear it easyly...

then some weathering with row umber oil...

and this is it... not bad for 10min work...

Bostjan
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:36 PM UTC
Very cool advirt ! Nicely done.
J
Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 06:51 PM UTC
Ok... time for some updates...

The windows recived glass... then it was lightly sprayed with some mat white to simulate dust...

I attached the smaller pieces on the main structure... i tried to "blend theme in" by using the same drybrush colour as for the house... Also evrything was painted in the same way... primer, basic acrilic colour, row umber oil wash, final drybrush on teh structure...

The street, the sidewalk and the two lateral stone walls were to brithe and shining out... i toned them down by using a gray acrilic filter... I think that now is better...

Now the scene is nearly completed... now i will mobe to veicles, figures and details... The plan is to finish theme and than compose the scene and blend evrthing together with pigments, washes, drybrushing, adding some grass in corners ecc...

What do you think?

Boštjan
Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 07:12 PM UTC
The basic composition shuld look something like this..

Any sugestions, comments, advices?

By...
Dioramartin
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,476 posts
Armorama: 1,463 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 07:28 PM UTC
Looking good now, great work...I recognise that cart! The door's still bothering me though...

Bruc84
Visit this Community
Slovenia
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 02:03 AM UTC
Getting ready for the Slovenian country competition...

It will be my first ever competition with my 2nd ever diorama...

Wish me luck...

More good fotos will be shared soon...
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 06:29 PM UTC
You are off to a great start. Great composition and subject matter !
Thanks for sharing !
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 06:37 PM UTC
very nice !!
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:22 PM UTC
Really like your overall concept, and your work in scratch-building the store & base looks great. However, I agree that the door should be opening into the store. I'm also not sure about those huge barrels for a couple reasons. One, it doesn't look like they'd fit thru that cellar opening; Two, with only three guys in the scene, I don't see how they managed to get those huge barrels out of that cellar (or the one into the cart); Three, given the angle at which the cart is resting, the barrel in the back end is not likely to stay upright. I'd suggest using smaller casks. Otherwise, I look forward to how you finish this cool idea.
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 05:26 AM UTC
This is a real fine diorama Bostjan, good luck in the competition!

Great paint and weathering work to tone the building down, and I like what you've done w/ the beer sign and windows too...

If I may suggest:
Smaller barrels might make more sense, and maybe some sort of ramp or plank of wood that is used to roll them up into the cart.
As was suggested b4, spread some grey groundwork out into the street, blending front to back.
If possible, you might be able to add a couple more figures between the scout car and the cart.
These are all simple and easy additions, and this is a cool scene you've created.

Regards Dave
 _GOTOTOP