_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: R/C Armor
Discuss all Remote Control Armor related topics here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya tiger II rebuild to vk 72.01
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 12:41 PM UTC
Hi guys. I recently started a build on my vintage tamiya tiger II rc tank. Its going to be the base model for the vk7201 tank. I will base it mostly on the world of tanks version. Some changes i will do to the engine deck as i feel its not realistic when it comes to engine service and access etc. That ill get back when i am actually there. But this is my current progress. Turret and gun i bought from Germany.

jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 04:40 PM UTC
Did some work on it today. Sideplates are done. Next is to make the upper plates. Unshure if i am going to use aluminium plates or plastic. Alloy is what i have at the moment. And i like the durabillity of the alloy over plastic.

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 04:55 PM UTC
Use alloy.
If you have the skills and tools to work with it.
Plastic is fine for glueing but when it comes to drilling and tapping for screws its not the best material so use alloys if you can.
/ Robin
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 07:34 PM UTC
Whent for what i have. Allot of work is left. So there is allot of adjustments here and there. Turret will be heightened a littebit. The lower hull might look odd and to tall. but height is the same as the tiger II. Hull is narrower and without fenders now. So it will look a little strange at the moment. I gotta say i like working with the alloy plates (love my fein multitool) I will only use plastic on things that are for looks. The dklm allso fits perfect.

TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,742 posts
Armorama: 1,658 posts
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 - 03:27 AM UTC
Just my opinion but the mantle in the original picture looks more practical. More like a hunting tiger. The resin one seams too long/heavy. Also where the jack is located would probably be a storage bin/box and move the jack back one finder panel.
jk_conix
Visit this Community
Hordaland, Norway
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 - 10:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just my opinion but the mantle in the original picture looks more practical. More like a hunting tiger. The resin one seams too long/heavy. Also where the jack is located would probably be a storage bin/box and move the jack back one finder panel.

The plan was to shorten the mantle. And add the optics hole. Maybe a coaxial mg. Equipment ill deal with when i get there. The jack might be placed at the rear. Like the tigers. And i want to se how lots of tracks on the turret will look.
 _GOTOTOP