_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Why So Few DAK Figures?
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 09:35 PM UTC
You'd think there'd be plenty of them on the market with the popularity of the subject.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You'd think there'd be plenty of them on the market with the popularity of the subject.

Also a situation I've noticed, but there are a few on the market-- Master Box has three that I know of- one of these sets has Rommel perched on a tank, the other is just some panzer troops-- one of whom is wounded, and the third are AK troops interacting with Beduins. Dragon has three I think (artillery, Luftwaffe and an infantry set). Tamiya has marketed at least four sets, one is a set of infantry initially marketed with thier Pz II, another is a more relaxed "off duty" scene of two complete with radio and "wildlife". They also have a newer "Ramke" Brigade set that initially went with thier AK Kubelwagen. And then there's the AK 88mm artillery crew. Academy has marketed at least one set of AK infantry. These are a few that I'm aware of. I've probably missed a couple from other manufacturers, but this is what I recall. The MB sets and some of the others are difficult to find though. There are several others in resin-- but I think you are referring to injection molded plastic right?
VR, Russ
Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:45 PM UTC
You're right but it's kind of like the proportion between the number of troops on the Eastern Front and Africa. There are a couple of Italian campaign troops in tropical gear that are also applicable to Africa.

Now that's where the real lack is; German troops unique to Italy.
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:50 PM UTC
Yes. You said the same last year and got plenty to look at but you didn't seem to acknowledge then...
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/246778#2084943
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes. You said the same last year and got plenty to look at but you didn't seem to acknowledge then...

That happens a lot.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry forgot. But even then a lot of those were resin. You'd think there would be tons in plastic, especially when there are even plenty of models of German vehicles which only existed on paper.
 _GOTOTOP