_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Yugoslav T-55 with BTU
PatriotaModels
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Friday, September 29, 2017 - 11:04 PM UTC
Well, me again with an actual project of a Yugoslav T-55 with BTU (polish type) of the 10th motorized brigade as seen at the early beginning of war at Polog village in Herzegovina (BiH).

I´m using Tamiya´s superb T-55A basic kit + Eduard mesh and grills + RB-Models main gun and antenna base + CMK BTU conversion set + Trumpeter´s BTU spare parts/elements.

I thought I´ll be lucky using only CMK´s resin conversion. But I was wrong. Broken parts, very unlucky casted dozer blade. For the first time I have to admit that I´m happy being in possession of Trumpeter´s complete dozer blade sprue. A little bit of surgery and imagination, and finaly it works very well. This tank was also in need of some extra surgery to represent an elevated main gun. Therefore the canvas/cover was modified and resculpted using Milliput.

PatriotaModels
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 126 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 11:35 PM UTC
Some missing details have been added. A very important detail for polish T-55 variants is the rear handle at the bottom of the cuppola, also as the rear search light.

Well, there was a lot of priming ...

And this is how the T-55 BTU looks like at the moment, after painting and weathering.

JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2017 - 03:29 AM UTC
That's a lot of nice work there Nenad!
 _GOTOTOP