_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-55 mod. 1963 test-build (MiniArt)
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:27 PM UTC
Awesome build and model. MiniArt is really taking things to a new level. Just hope they continue with the interior T-series as I would love to have the T-64/72/80 variants with a complete interior.

BTW, how did that machine gun shoot through the hull? I remember reading that the T-55 had a hull machine gun (removed on the T-55A), but I don't see any opening on the front hull of this variant.

MagisterBibendi
Visit this Community
Kyyv, Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 95 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Awesome build and model. MiniArt is really taking things to a new level. Just hope they continue with the interior T-series as I would love to have the T-64/72/80 variants with a complete interior.

BTW, how did that machine gun shoot through the hull? I remember reading that the T-55 had a hull machine gun (removed on the T-55A), but I don't see any opening on the front hull of this variant.

Thanks
In the frontal sheet of the early T-55 there was a hole for the machine gun. I assembled a machine gun to show it on the assembly.
But on my prototype there was no machine gun, so I did not make a hole
ijozic
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 10:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In the frontal sheet of the early T-55 there was a hole for the machine gun. I assembled a machine gun to show it on the assembly.

I see. Model 1963 would be the last T-55 production before they switched to T-55A, so perhaps they already dispensed with the bow machine gun then.
JSSVIII
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,169 posts
Armorama: 1,067 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 03:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just hope they continue with the interior T-series as I would love to have the T-64/72/80 variants with a complete interior.

With the direction their releases have taken, after they finish with the T-55 series, I would think a T-62 might happen first. I would welcome any of the aforementioned vehicles, Miniart seems to be the Tasca of modern Russian tanks!
76grenze
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 07:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I see. Model 1963 would be the last T-55 production before they switched to T-55A, so perhaps they already dispensed with the bow machine gun then.

The full instructions are included with the Kit info on MiniArt's web site. The Hull MG hole is to be drilled on the glacis plate.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:01 PM UTC
I'd welcome a T-62!
Trumpeter's kit has a lot of faults.
barrowb98
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 119 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:42 PM UTC
Very nice! I love what Miniart's doing with the 54/55 series. I just cracked open my T-55 mod 63 last night, can't wait to get started. My only criticism so far is that they only give 8 standard wheels with 2 of the enlarged hub first station wheels, when this was an upgrade and wasn't on all T-55 from the start, like these from Prague 1968. I wish there were 10 + 2 with the option to use them.

I'd love to see a T-62 as well, but what I really want is a T-72, starting from the early Ural, since Trumpeter has shown no inclination to do anything older than a B.
 _GOTOTOP