Tracks: I taped the 1 long & two 5-link parts plus 5 + 7 single link parts to a flat foam chunk,, so that all the parts were touching on the pivots as the should, lightly airbrushed them shades of VJ rust/redbrown.
Flip them over when dry, & paint the other side, then dry brush the inside wearing surfaces, idler and sprocket teeth with dark/worn steel and/or pencil lead.
Key point was to pre-paint the track without adding paint to the mating surfaces.
Glue the separate track pads to the 5 (sprocket)+ 7 (idler) single tracks before the next step, or it will be fiddly to add them when in situ, don't ask!
I then added 5 segments around the sprocket, & lightly touched the pivot points with green-top Tamiya extra thin, allow to set off, adjust position, & glue the sprocket to the tub.
Line up the 5 track part, bridging the sprocket to the 1st road wheel & add the long track to the bottom.
Allow to set off, adjust as needed, wrap a long piece of 6mm Tamiya tape round the sprocket & track run to hold.
On one side, I added a single track segment between the long lower run, and the 5 segment to the idler as the wheel positions aren't symetrical. otherwise wrap between 5-7 single parts round the idler as above.
A neat touch is the 5 segment track piece immediatly behind the sprocket uppper run is curved, but since I've fitted the skirts, and not visible, I haven't fitted it.