_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
IDF Tarps circa 1967 Dimensions and Colors
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hi All,

I posted this over in IDF Modeling, but haven't gotten any responses, so I thought I'd give it a go over here... (Apologies to the moderators)

Perhaps a silly question, but maybe someone has an answer. I am getting close to completing my AFV Club Shot Centurion tank, and I am thinking of showing the tank with a tarp hanging off off the gun barrel, for something different. I'm thinking there had to be times when tarps got wet and needed to be hung up to dry, and the gun barrel seems like an ideal 'clothesline', to use in a pinch. Can anyone tell me what IDF Tarp dimensions and colors were in the late 1960s? I am absolutely in love with Kneadatite (Green Stuff) for making rolls and tarps of any/all kinds, as it is perfect for that kind of 'scratch building'. Maybe, by some stroke of luck, someone might even have a picture of something similar to the image I have in my head. In any event, I'd like to be close in terms of dimensions, even if I show the tarp folded in half or something similar, draped over the barrel.

Any info of this kind would be appreciated, or even some other ideas about what to hang off the barrel that is a bit 'different' than the regular kind of diorama pose for a tank, ideally focusing on a Shot Centurion. I'll post some pictures when the tank is done, which won't be too long.

Thanks in advance!

ReluctantRenegade
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,408 posts
Armorama: 2,300 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi Curt,

Did you check this thread? https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/260992&ord=&page=3

There are plenty of Shot Meteor pictures on page #3.
cabasner
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,083 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hi Israel. No, I haven’t looked there. I’ll take a look and maybe find something good!! Thank you!!!
 _GOTOTOP