Hosted by Darren Baker
RoK M-132??
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - 02:05 AM UTC
Anybody know if the Roks used M-132s in Vietnam? Seems like, knowing their reputation, it was something right up their alley.
trickymissfit
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,357 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 12:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Anybody know if the Roks used M-132s in Vietnam? Seems like, knowing their reputation, it was something right up their alley.

I did not see a lot of Korean Army guys in the bush. They were down in II-Corp more than I-Corp. Yet on an OP down south I worked near a bunch of ROKMC guys. They used mostly M37 and M35 style trucks pulling 75mm PAK howitzers. The infantry guys rolled off the trucks and acted when needed. They mostly worked off of Highway One doing road security (not like what you'd have thought). The Mo Duc area was a hot bed for snipers and land mines, and when they were there you could rest easy. Vietnamese hated them passionately. Their methods were total destruction, and I do mean complete destruction. I heard they had several 105 batteries a little south of us, but never saw them or heard them on the fire push. Never saw them on anything tracked, but that doesn't mean they never used them.

I could really go deeper, but it would do nothing but start a whining and crying match.
gary
 _GOTOTOP