_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Review
Takom: M-47
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 02:11 AM UTC

Jeff Nolan builds the M47 E/M from Takom and shares some of his thoughts on it.

Read the Review

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:34 PM UTC
Actually, I thought you too 'kind' in describing the kit. I'm working the E version myself at the moment (along with 3 other Testor's M47's), but I still find the Testor's kit more enjoyable. Great review however...and thanks for exposing the numerous flaws with the Takom M47 (most of which I'm familiar with already).

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:37 PM UTC
Ever get the feeling that Takom is rushing these releases?
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 06:28 PM UTC
Sorry guys for the double pics ,and what appears to be one from the M-110. LOL
I did think as the subject good, the part fit not so good on some parts, Turret is another I should of pointed out. Some parts do not key well, at all.
No Tamiya here,suspension a tad on the flaky side also.
Enjoy the build though. Not bad I guess, and one more thing, a two piece barrel,which I find rough in this day and age.Looks like I forgot to remove the blue tape on the headlight also, and no weathering , as a new one on the battlefield. Next time I will move to a blue area while in the construction phase.So no pics of tools and paint all around.

Cheers

Jeff
j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 04:22 PM UTC
Im not a fan of Takom at all
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ever get the feeling that Takom is rushing these releases?

Yea...big time. I just get that kinda 'ick' feeling in thinking they (Takom) didn't quite work through the engineering expected on some of their kits...especially when other manufacturers are already there in producing stunning/accurate kits. While I get a somewhat good feeling on most of what the AML's provide, I feel unsatisfied with their M47's. But...no matter the kit I have of Takom's, every single one of them to some degree, possess sink marks, ancient 2 piece barrels, too thick detail on some pieces, sprue gates that are 3 to 5 times bigger than the part they hold (breaking most of those parts), questions to accurate turrets/fenders, and especially lots of just general poor fitting of parts. But because at the moment they are the only game in town for some of the subject matter, I buy their kits knowing I have to go to the aftermarket for corrections that should have been avoided in the first place. My 2 cents...
 _GOTOTOP