Question on Leopard 1NO
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:52 PM UTC
Hi folks!
Usually I build WW2 aircraft but for a change I would like to tackle the new Revell Leopard 1A1 which gives also the option as a Leopard 1NO. And here is my question. The painting instruction shows a swedish-like splinter camo of 4 colours. What are they?

Revell gives Gelb Olive, Anthracite, Bronce Green and a mix of Tar Black and Steel. I believe the last one is a printing error. I found this useful photo somewhere in the internet ....

.... and would go for Bronce Green, Tar Black, Leather Brown and Yellow Olive. Would that be okay or do you have other suggestions?
And if anyone could help me with the unit, that would be great! The instructions says only "Royal Norwegian Army 1988" and the decal sheet shows a black "5N" on a yellow/green background. I believe that's the unit. Any Norwegians around here?

Thanks in advance and happy modelling!
Torsten
mshackleton
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 559 posts
Armorama: 517 posts
Posted: Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:48 PM UTC
You'll find the info here - on the BW instruction sheet which uses Tamiya colours.
www.leopardclub.ca/workshop/LW020/
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Friday, November 03, 2017 - 11:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the infos, Michael. So, I'm not that wrong with my guess. That will become a nice masking orgy .... Will start with the build probably in December.

Torsten
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 07:30 PM UTC
I am resurrecting this old thread, as I am about to start on a similar project myself very soon.
Did this build materialize, Thorsten?
 _GOTOTOP