_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Fruilmodel T-55 Tracks for Takom's kit
Panzerfan
Visit this Community
Mexico
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2017 - 05:09 AM UTC
Hello:

I heard from fellow modellers that the T-55 track sets by Fruilmodel won't fit in the sprokets of the main manufacturers of the kits. I recently brough the Takom one and I want to know if someone here has experience any difficulties working with that tracks.

Hope can I get some feedback.

Best regards.

bulldawg380
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 338 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2017 - 07:33 AM UTC
Well I just built a T-55AM2B from Takom and I used a set of wokable RMSH tracks from Trumpeter I had left over from an old build. They worked great and fit the sprocket just fine. I know these are not Friumold set and I can not speak for them but these could be a cheaper alternative.
scubatwo
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 08:23 PM UTC
Depends on which T-55 kit and which tracks you have. The Fruilmodel T-54/555/62 (OMSH) tracks, you need the early version drive sprockets. If you want to use RMSH tracks order the T-72 tracks and they work fine with the newer drive sprockets.

Learned this through experience. Bought the OMSH set and they don't work on the new drive sprockets.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Learned this through experience. Bought the OMSH set and they don't work on the new drive sprockets.

Just like in real life. In one case the sprocket has 13 teeth, in the other it has 14 teeth.

Olivier
 _GOTOTOP