_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
2nd Battle of Fallujah
El_Patron
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
KitMaker: 30 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:45 PM UTC

Good evening everyone, this will be my first input, also the first diorama I ever made. I hope you can forgive some of my... yet to improve technics.

Thre was something funny about the concept of the scene, I had a LVTP-7 and some other vehicles at home, so I decided to show how the LVTP smashed a front door while Marines were waiting to storm the building. A couple of days later I found a video showing the same in Funker350 site. My first thought was: "Holy [auto-censored], someone stole my idea!". On a second thought I realized that the video could help me to bring my dio to life.

https://www.facebook.com/FUNKER530/videos/1033053823412920/

Despite it seems to be based somewhere Afghanistan, I moved the concept to The Second Battle of Fallujah.

So...this is it.I hope you enjoy it, and please comment, any idea or review is welcome.

chazman
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:47 AM UTC
Photobucket is holding your pictures hostage. Post them using another host.
El_Patron
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 12:49 AM UTC
I had no idea of that. I will use another host in my next topics.

Thank you for the advise
SF-07-18D
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
KitMaker: 366 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 01:51 AM UTC
As I told you during the construction process, you got a very good work. Buildings are awesome, as the figures. Maybe some lights and shadows to add, but very good finishing. You got a good UCP painting.

BTW, I can see the pictures in the post.

Good job, mate!
El_Patron
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 02:04 AM UTC
Thanks Nacho. You know lights and shadows technices are my weak point. Still working to improve them.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 03:12 AM UTC
I can see only the first pic. The rest have the "Please Update Your Account" message from PhotoBucket.

Two issue I see though. One is with the Bradley. It is an M2A3 (Meng kit). There were no M2A3s at Falluja in Nov '04. 1st CAV (Army unit there) had M2A2 ODS Bradleys, which are an earlier version and very different.

I am also not sure Bradleys and AAVs worked together. The USMC and the US Army (1 CAV units) had different AOs (Areas of Operations - sectors), as shown below.

chazman
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 85 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can see only the first pic. The rest have the "Please Update Your Account" message from PhotoBucket.

Two issue I see though. One is with the Bradley. It is an M2A3 (Meng kit). There were no M2A3s at Falluja in Nov '04. 1st CAV (Army unit there) had M2A2 ODS Bradleys, which are an earlier version and very different.

I am also not sure Bradleys and AAVs worked together. The USMC and the US Army (1 CAV units) had different AOs (Areas of Operations - sectors), as shown below.

Agreed. I'd remove the Bradley and put something else in it's place.
El_Patron
Visit this Community
Madrid, Spain / España
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 03:47 PM UTC
Thank you for your comment and review.

I already knew when I was making the diorama, it could be inaccurate in some points. Nevertheless, I have found in this website something that points at the presence of M2A3´s in 2nd Battle of Fallujah, please check this PDF, page 7, just before The Plan of Attack.

http://www.armyupress.army.mil/Portals/7/Primer-on-Urban-Operation/Documents/EyewitnessToWar_VolumeI.pdf

Regarding the issue of Bradleys and AFV´s working together, that is something that just could have happened. I did not pretend to be 100% acurate with the few information I had at the moment, but I think that with so close sectors...it would not be impossible that Army units and USMC units would meet in any corner, alley or street.

Bricksy1969
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 251 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 03:55 PM UTC
Nice concept
Removed by original poster on 11/08/17 - 19:51:41 (GMT).
Apache26
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 07:03 AM UTC
This might not matter to the diorama at this point, but I was in 2-7 'CAV in OIF II. We had M-2A3's. 1st ID had M-2A2 ODS's.

Now that I can finally see the photos, I'd also like to add that the BUSK were not available in 2004. The BUSK doesn't define an 'A3 externally, the gimbal does. We had 'A3's with BRAT and the drivers had the thermal night sights. The BUSK cupola surrounding the TC's hatch didn't exist.

ACU's weren't a uniform in November, 2004. I think the first time I saw a photo of those awful things was the following December when either "Army Times" or "Stars and Strips" ran a story on the new uniform.

The diorama is nice, but I'd recommend fast forwarding it to 2005 or 2006 to another AO where the USMC and the Army may have worked together. But even at that time, the BUSK wasn't in operational existence.

_GOTOTOP