M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 02:57 PM UTC
So what happens when you mix this...

With this....

and give it to a half blind guy with shaky hands??

Well you get this.

This is my first attempt in the 48th scale. Not to bad but I think I will stick with 35th. It is built straight out of the box. This build was more to play with the new Life Color liquid pigments. After reading a review here I figured why not give them a try.

I will say they work great for heavy dust. If you look at the road wheels you can see what I am talking about. It is such a simple process to achieve a nice look. The dust streaks and light dusting on the turret and hull are a bit more work to achieve. I will say this product has an extreamly long working time. I was able to move the pigments around with just tap water 24 hours later. The only issue I had with this product is the tide marks that kept showing up. I was able to feather them out but they never quite went away. I tried the included remover but for some reason this did not work at all. I ended up adding a drop of soap to water and mixing it with this to allow it to flow better. This helped the tide marks but did not get rid of them completly.

I think these would work great for 35th scale stuff especially if you want a heavy dust effect. I should also say that some one with more tallent than I have should be able to pull off better looking light dust and streaks.

Enough of my rambling.. thanks for looking and as always let me know if you see something that I need to fix or that I can do better.
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 04:55 PM UTC
I wonder if tide marks would show up with rain washed dust on 1:1 scale objects?
I think you have done a good job on this
/ Robin
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 06:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I wonder if tide marks would show up with rain washed dust on 1:1 scale objects?
I think you have done a good job on this
/ Robin

Thanks for the kind words. As far as real life tide marks.. in some cases yes you would get them and I did leave some in the rear fenders since it looked right. How ever this would leave round tide marks on the side of the turret for example.. Something you would never see in real life.
I still reccomend these products, I am working on a brave tiger right now and I can not wait to use the life color stuff on it. I will stick to oils for the light dust this time but you can bet the tracks and running gear get a couple of coats of the liquid pigments.
d6mst0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,925 posts
Armorama: 601 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 11:12 PM UTC
Very, very nice work. Really like the weathering, not over done but gives it a looked of a well travel machine.
 _GOTOTOP