_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Support Tank Ho-I
Vesalio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:05 PM UTC
Greetings to all members of the forum.
This time I want to show you a kit that I built quite quickly, compared to others I did before.
It's Finemolds' Type 2 "Ho-I" support tank, 1/35:

The tank:
It was a tank conceived for infantry support and, eventually, for the destruction of fortified positions. It was armed with a 75mm shell, placed in a closed turret. The chassis chosen to place the weapon was the Type 97 "ShinHoTo Chi-Ha" tank. Only 31 vehicles were built between 1942 and 1944 at the Mitsubishi factory in Tokyo. They were stationed on the Japanese islands pending the Allied invasion, so they were never used in combat.
The kit:
It's the first time a kit of this brand falls into my hands. The cutting is not excessive, the detailing is very correct and the fitting of the pieces is at the level of the Tamiya kits. Construction and painting instructions are very clear. Finemolds kits seem to have these features, as you can also get the self-propelled Type 4 "Ho-Ro" shells and have the same benefits as the "Ho-I".
The only thing I saw in the construction that might have any drawbacks is the placement of the caterpillars. They are very tense, even though they are a fairly flexible rubber. To avoid breakage, at least in the immediate future, I placed a small metal clip at each junction of the crawler ends. Fortunately, the Ho-Ro offers two caterpillar options: rubber and plastic by segments.
It is a kit that is built quickly, and doesn't have many paint options. The scheme is the classic tricolor of the last stages of the war: khaki and camo base with dark brown and green, with "soft" edges since at the end of the war the tanks were painted with a gun. The following was placed on the base camo: washed with various shades of ochre, earth-coloured pigments and powder and washed with graphite and brush. As it was never used in combat, I decided not to make a tank too "punished" by use.
I hope you like it and any comments are welcome.
See you next time!

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:14 PM UTC
I like the subtle weathering! Nice one!
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 08:42 PM UTC
Nice work Juan! I agree with Marian's comment.
I've been curious about Fine Molds kits quality. To compare it to Tamiya is a great compliment. Thank you for sharing. What's your next build ?
Vesalio
Visit this Community
Argentina
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice work Juan! I agree with Marian's comment.
I've been curious about Fine Molds kits quality. To compare it to Tamiya is a great compliment. Thank you for sharing. What's your next build ?

Thank you very much for your comment. The truth is, I was surprised by the quality of Finemolds kits. They do not have an excessive number of parts, the detailed and fitting of parts is correct and have vehicles that other brands do not usually represent. Also, I think I've seen a couple of Tamiya kits that are a "re-boxing" of Finemolds kits. Finemolds' newest kits already include interiors and some PE parts.
My next build (which I started) will be Eduard's Bf-109 E4,1/48. Every 3 or 4 tanks, I build a plane, always in 1/48.
Greetings and see you next time.
americanpanzer
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 542 posts
Armorama: 539 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:10 PM UTC
excellent work!! I really like the weathering effects
Scarred
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,792 posts
Armorama: 1,186 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:11 PM UTC
Fine Molds Star Wars line of kits were great. Detail is great and well engineered. Nice to see they make great armor too. Excellent build.
 _GOTOTOP