_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
question on paint color for M2 Bradley
Nailz
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
So I am getting ready to paint my M2 Bradley from Academy and I am trying to figure out what main color I need to use. I want to do it in the desert colors they use on the box and am trying to figure out if I would be best off using Desert Yellow, or some other sandy color, it doesn't say in the instructions or really give a color scheme to choose from. I typically use Tamiya acrylics which is why I mentioned the desert yellow.

Thanks as always for the replies.

Marty
Sabotshooter
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 63 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2002 - 12:55 PM UTC
I'm not sure which Tamiya color to use but ModelMasters U.S. Gulf Desert Sand is a decent match. The color that you should be trying to achieve is a pinkish tan if you're going for a desert storm track. I found out the hard way that if you don't mix CARC paint right, it comes out kind of pinkish. Hence my tank (an M1A1) has a pink Bore Evacuator, then I started noticing other tanks in the Battalion had the same thing on their spot painting. Hope this helps.

Stephen Magee
Nailz
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 03:46 AM UTC
yes, it does help, thanks for the quick response. I guess I will go to the hobby shop and see how close the US Gulf Desert Sand is to Tamiya Desert Yellow.
 _GOTOTOP