_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
8th SS or 7th SS emblems
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,124 posts
Armorama: 1,014 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 01:49 PM UTC
I am looking for a decal of the 8th SS (or 7th SS) division emblem, approx. .3 X .3 inch (6mm X 6 mm). I've seen sheets with bunches of emblems but I need just one. Anybody have a spare? (It is for a 1/35 37 mm AT gun's shield. )
Bonaparte84
Visit this Community
Hessen, Germany
KitMaker: 338 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 02:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am looking for a decal of the 8th SS (or 7th SS) division emblem, approx. .3 X .3 inch (6mm X 6 mm). I've seen sheets with bunches of emblems but I need just one. Anybody have a spare? (It is for a 1/35 37 mm AT gun's shield. )

Sorry, can't help you with that decal, but maybe with this: unless you have a reference photo, the gun shield of the 37 mm Pak is an unlikely place for a divisional emblem. Those guns extremely relied on camouflage, since they would engage from relatively short ranges... cheers!
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 04:43 PM UTC
Tis true. No photos, that I've found. I'm using a little artistic license . Both units were primarily were anti partisan units. I figure they might have been a little less concerned with camo as intimidation by letting their opposition know who they were. 7th SS (Prinz Eugen) was in the Balkans and was heavily equipped with Czech weapons, a prime candidate for using the PaK 36t. Though they were fairly well mechanized. But light gun in heavily mountainous terrain .... The 8th SS (Florian Geyer) was in the Beloruss / Ukraine area. The Pak 36t was a cavalry gun and they were a cav unit ...... But I've not seen anything on the source of their weapons.
b2nhvi
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 04:52 PM UTC
Oops! Pak 37t!!! Didn't get my PaKs straight. (Yes! That was a pun.)
 _GOTOTOP