_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Vietnam
All things Vietnam
Hosted by Darren Baker
1:35th US Army White Bumper Number Source?
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 10:53 PM UTC
Anything other than white would not be a problem to make at home, but I'm looking for a source for white 2" and 3" scale numbers/letters/symbols (thanks to that pesky Armored unit triangle) for my expanding Cold War collection.

A number jungle would be OK, however having a selection of pre-made registration numbers representing the various Army vehicle types would e exceptional. The combination of numbers and letters would help define the type of vehicle the number was assigned to, such as APC, MBT, wheel vehicles, etc.
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:06 PM UTC
FWIW, Archer Transfers carries a lot of this type stuff. Almost all are rub on, not decals.

No financial arrangements, but they have taken some of my money...
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 11:48 PM UTC
PSM does bumper codes in white and black.

http://www.perfect-scale.de/de/www-perfect-scale-de-10/
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:36 PM UTC
Hans-Hermann,

Thanks for the reminder. I had just placed an order with Gerold last week, and it would have been great to combine the decals and the Lance kit to cut back on shipping costs, but this is life, right?

I did order both the large and small number sets, and will have registration numbers to last a while. This is important, as most of my collection consists of Cold War Europe US Army vehicles. That calls for a lot of plain white registration numbers and "U.S. ARMY" letters, and white bumper codes as well.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:41 PM UTC
Microscale has white numbers and letters in any size font (or other color for that mater) you can imagine. The only thing is you'll need to go to a Model Railroad Hobby Shop to get them. Or you can order from the Walthers Model Railroad Supply catalog. Walthers is the worlds largest Model Railroad supply company and has thousands of items in its catalog. I know they ship overseas. It might be worthwhile to check a few train stores out-- they also have tons of scenery and diorama items that might be useful in many scales. Whenever I visit any LHS, I'm always on the lookout for white numbers and letters in common fonts, even if I don't need any right then. That way, I can keep stash of them and have them ready when needed-- as mentioned above, you can print any other color except white.
VR, Russ
m75
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 11:52 PM UTC
Russ,

I hadn't even considered the Walthers catalog, which is funny as I worked in my LHS part-time, which handled a lot of special orders for train folks, as well as supplying movie production companies for special effects needs. I'll take a look at their on-line catalog and see what's available there as well.

The PSM decal sets are pretty much what I was asking for, with pre-formatted registration numbers as well as the ever-elusive Armored unit triangle symbol.
Kevlar06
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
Armorama: 2,052 posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2017 - 09:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Russ,

I hadn't even considered the Walthers catalog, which is funny as I worked in my LHS part-time, which handled a lot of special orders for train folks, as well as supplying movie production companies for special effects needs. I'll take a look at their on-line catalog and see what's available there as well.

The PSM decal sets are pretty much what I was asking for, with pre-formatted registration numbers as well as the ever-elusive Armored unit triangle symbol.

if you are after the insignia, then id go with Archer. There are several defunct OOP sets still out there-- but I think Archer has the best current line. However, since white numbers are hard to come by, I'd still look into the Microscale line of RR numbers and letters-- you can never have too many white numbers and letters around!
VR, Russ
 _GOTOTOP