_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
painting warsaw pact T-55 AM2B,question
avenue
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 - 01:59 PM UTC
looking at the right paint to air brush my T-55AM2B,I browse the web and notice all ex WP T-55AM2B use much darker green color.
I contemplate using tamiya black green and little bit NATO green to spray it,or is there any suggestion for alternative color?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 - 03:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

looking at the right paint to air brush my T-55AM2B,I browse the web and notice all ex WP T-55AM2B use much darker green color.
I contemplate using tamiya black green and little bit NATO green to spray it,or is there any suggestion for alternative color?

I should do the contrary because your paint will get darker during the weathering process especially if you spray some gloss varnish to apply the decals.

Olivier
ttwells
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 316 posts
Armorama: 77 posts
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 - 04:32 PM UTC
I tend to use Tamiya Field Grey for my Russian Armor - once the weathering process starts - it'll darken the paint to the "correct" tone. Just my preference.
MichalBT
Visit this Community
Województwo Kieleckie, Poland
KitMaker: 326 posts
Armorama: 275 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 11:36 AM UTC
If You are interested in People's Polish Army green- simply mix yellow and black paint. This way during Iron Curtain right color for tanks and vehicles in military units was produced. Because everybody did it their own way- often shades of green were different.
Regards,
Michal
ayovtshev
Visit this Community
Sofiya, Bulgaria
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 1,390 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2017 - 02:52 PM UTC
People's Bulgarian Army:roughly 2 parts Green and 1 part Black were mixed.Quantity of each collor was defined by the respective unit's Deputy Commander-Techical Matters, so as to have common collor for the vehicles of the unit.Eyeballing was the only mean to measure the outcome.As a result there were-more or less- similarly collored tanks within smaller units-platoon,companies.Yet variations within units on higher level-batalion,division- were common.
Tanks were repainted as a rule twice each year(spring-autumn) and after each large scale manoeuvre-so quite often.
 _GOTOTOP